La Marzocco GS3 gauge markings

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Runaro

#1: Post by Runaro »

I noticed that the markings on my gauges does not correspond with the installation manual text and drawings http://lamarzoccousa.com/docs/gs3/gs3-i ... -guide.pdf. The red zone for the steam pressure starts at 1.5 bar (see image), but in the manual it starts at 2 bar. I have GS3 build number 1774. Will it be safe to use 2 bar for steaming on my machine? What gauges do you guys have, the same as I have or like the ones in the installation manual.

Billc

#2: Post by Billc »

Runaro,
I am the one that created the manual. When we first designed the GS3 we were using some stock, off the shelf, gauges. They actually did not have any colors on them. Not sure of the exact serial number but at sometime we designed some custom gauges with the LM logo and some colors.

The machine is definitely OK to use at 2bar pressure in the steam boiler. The over pressure valve is set to open at over 2.5 bar.

BillC

Advertisement
Runaro (original poster)

#3: Post by Runaro (original poster) »

Thank you for the information Bill :) I never set the pressure above 1.5 bar, will try now to see how that works out

TheJavaCup77

#4: Post by TheJavaCup77 »

This forum is the best so far...

GS/3 is overkill.... ;D just my two cents but AV or MP?
It could be as complex or as simple as you want. It's the choice of the barista.