La Marzocco GS3 coffee boiler heats but gauge shows 0 pressure until paddle moved

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
mixedup

#1: Post by mixedup »

Another issue -- when the machine is turned on, the temperature in the coffee boiler climbs but the gauge is reading pressure at 0. If I move the paddle to 'brew', pressure at the group is shown on the gauge and following that it correctly indicates the pressure in the boiler. Strange....hoping someone has experienced this and has an idea what is causing it. The tech is coming out to me today to have a look (thinking it may be scale?) but he is about an hour away so if I can save him the trip that would be great!

rahimlee54

#2: Post by rahimlee54 »

Mine always reads around 2 until I move the paddle then it goes up to 9.5 or so where I set it. It has always done this for as long as I can remember. It does the same with the steam pressure, I call this standard operating and haven't thought anything of it since the coffee taste great and the machine works.

zhaokyosho

#3: Post by zhaokyosho »

seems the same issue as this thread said: La Marzocco GS3 Brew Pressure Always Zero When Idle

when did you get your machine? I'm asking this because I'm thinking if it's a batch problem and should be recall or lamarzocco provide a solution

mixedup (original poster)

#4: Post by mixedup (original poster) »

Hi,

Well, it turned out to be nothing -- bled the group and everything was fine afterwards. Machine was built in June 2013.

boar_d_laze

#5: Post by boar_d_laze »

mixedup wrote:Machine was built in June 2013.
By Italians?

Rich
Drop a nickel in the pot Joe. Takin' it slow. Waiter, waiter, percolator

tr182md

#6: Post by tr182md replying to boar_d_laze »

What does this mean? Did they move production? I am about to pull the trigger and just looking though all the GS3 posts.