La Cimbali Junior D1 programming volumetric doser

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
ValeVitola

#1: Post by ValeVitola »

Hi everyone, I have a Cimbali Junior D1 that just bougth used. I would like to know how much water should I program for each pf the 4 options:
1. Single espresso: 60cc or 30cc?
2. Double espresso: 100 cc or 120?.

My machine does not have a free flow button. And to program it there is a transparent box (volumetric doser) with some wires that I have to pull/push to regulate the amount of water.

Thanks!

ValeVitola (original poster)

#2: Post by ValeVitola (original poster) »

Hi! In case anyone finds it helpful, here is an update.
i have a cimbali D1 with vibe pump. Its an old Cimbali that must be plumbed, I added a FloJet in order to be able to plumb it to a water bottle.
Since it does not have a "free pour" button; you can only program 4 "shots types" by water volume. After following CIV's advise, i have program the first one with 50 ml water volume, that i use to do a short cooling flush, the second I have program with 100ml to do a large cooling flush. The third one I program it with a very large volume of water (like 200 ml) and this is what i use for pulling my shots, when it starts blonding, or whenever i want to stop the shot, I turn off the machine or move the switch to end the shot.

i am starting to like this machine, So far i like better my Cimbali S1 (1995-1996), but this one is not bad!