Izzo Duetto pump failure? Unsure?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
jerbear00

#1: Post by jerbear00 »

Izzo Duetto II: pulling a shot today and the pressure fell from 9.5 to 2.5 (in-line pressure as machine is plumbed in). I lift the lever and the pump makes a slight humming noise but that is it.

I searched the net and came across this similar thread: Izzo Alex Duetto II pump not working

I took apart the rotary pump from the electric motor. The electric motor doesn't start spinning when I lift the level but will if I start it spinning by hand. The rotary pump appears to have no blockage and is reasonably easy to turn.

Would this be the sign of the electric motor going bad?

I also found a tiny water leak (not noticed before) that had coroded the screws along the capacitor adjacent the electric motor. How would I tell if the capacitor is bad and would that result in the issue mentioned?

Thanks,

Jeremy

jerbear00 (original poster)

#2: Post by jerbear00 (original poster) »

Going to call Chris Coffee tomorrow and discuss. I wonder if the capacitor went bad?

Here is a link to the capacitor and pump I am referencing
https://www.chriscoffee.com/110-Volt-Mo ... vmotor.htm

Advertisement
ira
Team HB

#3: Post by ira »

Sounds a lot like the capacitor might have died. Last time I went looking for a capacitor, I found one at a supplier for air conditioner repairmen in downtown LA. $5.50 or something like that. Wasn't that part, but if you're in a hurry and you can get one with the same numbers it should work fine.

Ira

kize

#4: Post by kize »

I'll bet your capacitor took a dump. If you have a fancy DVM you could test it. Most people just replace it. Cheaper than a new motor. Make sure you get one with the same rating.

#5: Post by jerbear00 (original poster) »

Thanks. Just ordered one. Seems likely and cheap check.

Thanks!

I will report back.

#6: Post by jerbear00 (original poster) »

In case anyone has a similar problem the capacitor fixed it right away.

Chris coffee was helpful as always. They can get a new capacitor but I bought aftermarket as they charge 50 and I found one on Amazon for 15 bucks that I overnighted for 5 and was up and running right away.