Izzo Duetto PID display issue

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
jasonmolinari

#1: Post by jasonmolinari »

recently the last digit on my PID display on the Duetto started to dim, and just in the last couple days, go out altogether.
Everything works fine, i just can't see the last digit.

Anyone know what model PID is in there? Guess i have to replace the whole PID?

kize

#2: Post by kize »

I would guess the model number is on the back of the pid unit. Since Chris's coffee is the sole importer of the duetto - I'm sure they would have a replacement. Yes it is one complete unit - that is removed from the front of the machine.

GeorgeP922

#3: Post by GeorgeP922 »

Jason, this might sound rediculous but hear me out.

Do you think it could be wet?

I say this only as the timers I use for my shots do the same thing when wet (reg old LED countdown kitchen timer). These are those awesome ones at walmart with a memory key.
Whenever a good splash of water hits it, or I place it on a puddle, all the digits fade or disapear.

I pull the battery out and place it aside, and next day its fine.

As far as the Alex, for me, I dont use the PID for anything other than to see when my temp is back at 2006 (I find the temp stability with steamer off to be weak).
And to change it from 20 amp to 15 and back again (when I moved recently, and had to wait to get 20amp installed at new house).
So if I were in your shoes, if the shots tasted the same and by all signs the PID is working, I would order the part and wait for the original to fail.

Honestly suprised. Where my Izzo Alex HX had 5 valves and a relay fail in less than 2 years, my Duetto has been humming (silently) for 3 years now and not an issue. And he better hope not, I am ogling the new Rockt R58 :lol:

jasonmolinari (original poster)

#4: Post by jasonmolinari (original poster) »

Sorry, didn't get notification for this.
I don't htink it was getting wet, but thanks for the thought.

Either way, i called Chris' Coffee, and even though the machine is 2 years old, they sent me a new one! Amazing. Love those guys!

Swapped it out, and all back to working order...except it's red instead of blue. Oh well!