Izzo Alex Duetto II retrofit to joystick... easy?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Socalsteve

#1: Post by Socalsteve »

Hi all,

Thinking of upgrading my Duetto to joystick. Is this a simple procedure or will I need to take a "Joystick for Dummies" class?.... :D

Thanks in advance!

Steve

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

It's tight in there, but it's doable. I did it and it's likely the best modification I've ever done to my Duetto. Instant on steam at full power, and just as fast off, is a tremendous benefit over the stock configuration.

I spent a bit more time adapting several different pieces with the stock joystick assembly, in order to have a burn me wand and the Vortex Steam Tip. I'm very happy with the results but it's very, very fast. There's a lot more control when stretching and texturized for 2 capps instead of one.

I haven't swapped out the hot water tap, I rarely use it, and it's function doesn't require the instantaneous on/off.

It will take you about 25 minutes once cooled down to make the swap, with little other than two wrenches. Slightly less, if you're not doing all the adapting I did.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Beezer

#3: Post by Beezer »

Yeah, it's a bit fussy, but not really technical. It's just a tight squeeze to get wrenches in there and tighten things up properly.

I had the tech at Chris' Coffee install joysticks for steam and hot water when I ordered my Alex Duetto, but I ended up taking off the steam joystick. The stick itself was fine, but the valve is a bit bigger than the stock valve, and it makes for tight clearance between the steam wand and the drip tray. I prefer the stock setup, so I took the joystick off. I still have the joystick valve if you're interested.
Lock and load!

Socalsteve (original poster)

#4: Post by Socalsteve (original poster) »

Beezer, please send me a PM regarding the joystick.

Thanks!

Socalsteve (original poster)

#5: Post by Socalsteve (original poster) »

PM returned regarding sale of joystick...

Thanks!