Izzo Alex Duetto II - gritty steam knob

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
slowrey

#1: Post by slowrey »

Hey guys, I was curious if anyone with the new style knobs and water tank which would be the version II I believe. It seems as mine is pretty gritty and makes noise when I turn it.

Beezer

#2: Post by Beezer »

I just got my Alex last week. I had Chris' Coffee put on the joystick steam and hot water knobs, but they made the steam wand stick out a bit too much, so I just switched back to the knob for the steam wand. So far, it's seems very smooth.

Maybe you should take the valve apart and see if there's some crud in there. I believe you can order replacement internals from Chris if there's a broken spring or something that's making it gritty.
Lock and load!

floydo

#3: Post by floydo »

slowrey wrote:Hey guys, I was curious if anyone with the new style knobs and water tank which would be the version II I believe. It seems as mine is pretty gritty and makes noise when I turn it.
Yep take it apart, find the grit. Should be silky smooth. Maybe some machining filings or particles. The good lube is dow food safe silicone grease. Also take the wands apart and lube them. Downstream you can use the silicone to lube the e61 lever internal pistons. There are posts on how to. I do that every year or so....it makes everything sooooo smooth.

slowrey (original poster)

#4: Post by slowrey (original poster) »

Sounds good the machine is only a couple months old and it was gritty when I got it. feels like something is messed up with the spring.

chriscoffee
Sponsor

#5: Post by chriscoffee »

All you have to do is lubricate it. The squeaky wheel needs some grease.
Chris Nachtrieb
Pres. Chris' Coffee Service, Inc.

TomC
Team HB

#6: Post by TomC »

My Duetto did the same thing since day one. I'll try the same thing with the silicone and keep my fingers crossed.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

cannonfodder
Team HB

#7: Post by cannonfodder »

They do get some debris in them now and then. There can be metal shavings in the system from the manufacture. I have found small burrs in the works more than once. Just take it apart, clean it out and put a drop of lube on the assembly. It should smooth out.
Dave Stephens