Issues with Diffuser Screw and Screen on La Marzocco GS/3 - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
houdina

#11: Post by houdina »

I have had the same thing happen on my GS3 and it was just time to replace the screen. The screen should be domed and not flat. I keep new screens and gaskets on hand as these as need replacing(the gaskets much more often unless you updose) on a regular basis.

antonio

#12: Post by antonio »

AndyinTexas wrote: I have to believe this is related to the "problem" of the rotatable diffuser screen.
No, it is not related :-) I used to work with LM ridgeless filters and they often stick to the group gaskets.
I have no problems with the screen, but I always try to use about 16g with the standard LM basket or 14-15g with the ridgeless LM/Wega baskets. Maybe your overdosing technique is somehow related with the problematic shower screen?

AndyinTexas (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by AndyinTexas (original poster) »

On the advice of many, I ordered a new screen and screw, and even a new gasket.

In the meantime, talked with the good people at LMUSA. Roger Wittmann is a terrific resource. He concurred, but also suggested that all that may be necessary is to "push in" the center of the diffuser screen right where the screw is inserted.

Rotation gone. Case closed.

Thanks all.

CRCasey

#14: Post by CRCasey »

AndyinTexas wrote:[It] may be necessary is to "push in" the center of the diffuser screen right where the screw is inserted.

Rotation gone. Case closed.
KISS, I love the simple fix.
Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as love-CMdT, LMWDP#244