Isomac Zaffiro - No water flow at all

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Lafwang

#1: Post by Lafwang »

It's first use of the machine which I received yesterday.
Water tank is full.
Machine had been heated up for 30 minutes with only the power knob on.
I pulled the coffee lever up, but totally no water flow (I hold the lever up for around 2 minutes). The gauge of pressure jumps to around 11 bars and hold for a long time.
No problem on hot water or steam.

Any ideas?

Lafwang (original poster)

#2: Post by Lafwang (original poster) »

Video

petr0x

#3: Post by petr0x »

You dont need to heat the machine up to have water output to the grouphead.
It is probably clogged hole in grouphead. Water debris or scale.
Turn off and let cool the machine. Remove the top Hex bolt of E61 grouphead, there is steel mesh - water filter. See if it is not clogged by anything. Below you will see a small hole in center of the assembly. This could be clogged. If you find a lot of scale, it would be surely good idea to decsale the whole machine.

You can also try to run the machine while the bolt is away. There should be water coming out while in brew position, but try this just shortly. But be careful and prepared to catch any water, which may spray or spill. If water is coming, the blockage is in grouphead, if not blockage is before, somewhere in the piping, heat exchanger ...

HB
Admin

#4: Post by HB »

Lafwang wrote:It's first use of the machine which I received yesterday.
If this is a new espresso machine, it's still under warranty. If so, contact the seller for instructions.
Lafwang wrote:I hold the lever up for around 2 minutes
Be aware that 2 minutes exceeds the duty cycle for a Ulka pump and you risk damaging it.
petr0x wrote:It is probably clogged hole in grouphead. Water debris or scale.
If it's used, that's a safe bet. Checking an E61 Espresso Machine for Scale elaborates on the steps you provided. For sake of completeness, if it's a really old E61, it's possible the brew pin has worn down. See the valve above the orange cam in the diagram below:

From Is there a purpose for the E61 middle brew lever position? -- please do not copy
Dan Kehn

Lafwang (original poster)

#5: Post by Lafwang (original poster) »

Thanks! !
It is the small hole issue. Clean it up and problem solved! Pump is still alive.....