Isomac TEA Giemme Issues

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Gman

#1: Post by Gman »

So, my Giemme box starts to malfunction 15 min. into turn on. The voltage to the SSR's A1/3 drops from 120v. to 8v. The funny thing is that by using an SSR with a higher amperage, 40A vs. 25A of OEM SSR, the Giemme operates fine. Is it worth it trying to figure out what's causing the Giemme problem i.e., bad relay, bad transformer? I have another Giemme that I can try and pull parts from but I already made one relay non-operational.
Anyone know a source for the relays used in Giemme boxes, namely a Fene MZP A 200 46 05 ? I've not found any online.

ira
Team HB

#2: Post by ira »

Are you sure it's the Giemme and not a failing SSR?

Ira

Gman (original poster)

#3: Post by Gman (original poster) »

Well, that's what I initially thought and I have two SSR's that are new. The only diff. is one is similar to the OEM and the other is a non-espresso part purchase that has similar voltage spec's. The only diff. other that outward appearance, is that the non OEM SSR has a higher amp. rating.
I saw that the relays used in the Giemme have a useful life expectancy rating listed by hours. This Giemme is 10 years old. My pressurestat seems to check out okay. The heater element is a year old and I replaced some of wiring at that time with bigger gauge wire and new clips. Since I don't totally understand how the SSR actually functions, does the 120v. Giemme input at A1/3 solely control the pressurestat?