Isomac Tea boiler not filling...

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
basser

#1: Post by basser »

Hi everyone,

My Isomac Tea recently stopped working and I have done some additional work on trying to detect the failure(s). So far however still unsuccessful.

A short explanation of the symptoms:
As soon as I switch on the machine the pump starts running but instead of filling the boiler and pressurizing it there is either a full pressure build up on the group head pressure gauge (9 bar, but no water exiting the group head) or water releases directly via the drain chamber (most of the times and in this case no pressure on the group head gauge).

Listed up:
On switching the machine on pump starts running
Solenoid (under boiler) goes from 0-240VAC, so seems to be correctly controlled (functioning?)
water exits mostly via drain chamber (or sometimes builds up group pressure 9 bar, with no water coming out)
Boiler doesn't fill
Heating element works
No water through tank return hose
Lever switch works correctly
No stick vacuum breaker valve detected

Any suggestions to search further are much appreciated!

Cheers,

Bas

beta14ok

#2: Post by beta14ok »

Stuff wears out. Check the solenoid. It may be "controlled", but it may also be broken. Disconnect the solenoid leads and check the coil for an open circuit. Replacement Isomac parts and guidance from Stefano's

basser (original poster)

#3: Post by basser (original poster) »

Thanks, I've measured the resistance of the solenoid coil and it appears faulty. Just ordered a new one.