Intermittent heating issue - BZ02SDE Bezzera

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
jamiedolan

#1: Post by jamiedolan »

Hello;

I have a BZ02SDE Bezzera that is just a couple months under 4 years old. I pull 2 to 6 shots on it most days. It had had city water used in it (around 120ppm hardness for several years, but the last year or so has had filtered water that is about 20ppm hardness used in it).

It has operated perfectly normally until just a few days ago when I found the machine on, but it read no pressure on the gauge. It will at times heat back up (sometimes after it sits for hours it re-heats again, sometimes after it's been off, etc.) and re-gain pressure.

I backflush this with a commercial solution every couple months or so. However I have not descaled it very often, only have done it a few time in the last 3+ years.

When I started having this problem, I made up some citric acid solution as I found was directed in an article here and flushed it through the machine. Did this twice and I did let it sit in there for about an hour each time. The second time I did it, the boiler was on and the machine seemed to be working properly.

I used the machine the next day after de-scaling and it heated and worked fine for multiple shots. Then when I turn it on today, it has the same problem again and won't heat up, or I should say won't stay heated up, because I ran a couple shots of water through it and it did at one point heat up and gain pressure, but then wouldn't re-engage and heat up again.

I'm wondering if this all could be because I have not descaled this well enough / often enough or if there is something else that is likely to be going on.

I just thought I would ask here for any ideas before I send it in for service.

Thanks very much;

Jamie