I think my pump is toast

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Dripp

#1: Post by Dripp »

I've been having some problems with the pump in my Andreja Premium for the past several months. Yesterday I descaled the machine, and the pump worked ok for the two flush cycles, but when I put in the blank, it went quiet and seemed to not be pressurizing. This morning when I pulled my shot, same problem. I've attached a video of the problem so I was hoping someone could give me their input?

CSME9

#2: Post by CSME9 »

You mentioned you put in a blank ? If you are using the blind filter with no holes you will not get water flow thru the spouts and pressure will rise and the yes the pump does get quite.

What does it do with a normal filter basket.

WS

Advertisement
Tom Compton

#3: Post by Tom Compton »

I watched your video. Your pump is dialing up pressure to the required 10 bars and holding. Once it hits the 10 bar with a blind basket it goes silent. Sounds and looks okay to me. If you want to investigate further, call the techs at Chris' Coffee Service. They are very helpful.

Dripp (original poster)

#4: Post by Dripp (original poster) »

While the pump dials up to pressure, when it goes silent it seems that there is no pressure despite what the gauge says. I say this because when I put the lever down, the water pressure from the relief valve is not nearly what it has been every day for the past 6 years. Its almost nonexistent.

CSME9

#5: Post by CSME9 »

Maybe you need to backflush, maybe crud in the 3 way valve which may prevent the wooosh water flow/sound.

How does it behave when pulling a normal shot.

CSME9

#6: Post by CSME9 »

After looking at the video again there seems to be good water pressure from the relief valve tube, seems normal to me.... since you pulled 2 quick lever pulls the pressure may not have built up as much.

Dripp (original poster)

#7: Post by Dripp (original poster) »

The same thing happened during my shot his morning. And every time I pulled with a blank, I got the quiet treatment.

I've backflushed a number of times but will certainly try again later.

Advertisement
benm5678

#8: Post by benm5678 »

Does the brew pressure gauge look normal in the video?

It acts different than on my Duetto.... since I see when lever was lowered it didn't go back down... only when you raise the lever again. I guess it could be due to different ways they measure.

Dripp (original poster)

#9: Post by Dripp (original poster) »

Does the brew pressure gauge look normal in the video?

It acts different than on my Duetto.... since I see when lever was lowered it didn't go back down... only when you raise the lever again. I guess it could be due to different ways they measure.
Its been like that for most of the 6 years I've had it. As soon as you pull up the lever it goes back to where it starts. It just gets a bit stuck, I think.

jonniewishbone

#10: Post by jonniewishbone »

I have been having a very similar situation with my Valentina Levetta. Somedays worse than others. Seemed to be most troublesome after being left on for more than 4 hours. It may be your thermal fuse. Check out the link below.. I ordered a pump and one of these but have not put them in yet as the Levetta has seemed to fix itself the last couple of weeks. It is a cheap fix tho.....
http://www.chriscoffee.com/products/hom ... hermalfuse