I need help with SanRemo Machine

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
jaskok

#1: Post by jaskok »

I just purchase this machine on Ebay. I connect machine to the power and it need some cleaning, but I burn some electronic part (I believe is transformer). Now I need electric board, and manual (it is confusing need instruction). I send several emails to factory but there is no respond. I also send email to distributor in England but there is no help. Except SanRemo on front, there is no another info. Doe's anybody recognize model? or anybody have any info on this machine (manual, amperage, where to order parts, model)? Right now when I use manually, will steam milk, will come water through filter, but with pressure from boiler. thanks for help.

Heckie

#2: Post by Heckie »

try these folks
Careri Inc. 941 Ave G, Arlington, TX 76011 817-652-6826

:D

jaskok (original poster)

#3: Post by jaskok (original poster) »

they don't know much about this unit, but thanks anyway. Anybody have manual or instructions or anything about this machine? thanks

jaskok (original poster)

#4: Post by jaskok (original poster) »

I have SanRemo Espresso machine. Machine is 220/380V 2400W 50/60HZ I just replace transformer and I did deep cleaning of E61 Head, but water is not going through portafilter. Pump is working. There is something also I don't understand: I have original outlet 220v 20A, but fuse will not hold, then I place 25A fuse and still will not hold. Is it something wrong with my heating element? Anybody have clue what could be wrong? Machine looks beautiful and top of the line. I like to fix and replace my Laurentis. Is it hard to convert this machine to 110v? what needs to be done? thanks

...merged new thread with original topic by moderator...

NickA

#5: Post by NickA »

If you are blowing fuses; you have a problem. You certainly shouldn't be replacing with higher rated fuses; at worst you may start a fire, at best you may burn up some other part of the circuit that is more expensive to replace than the fuse. That sort of current draw usually indicates very low resistance; a dead short somewhere, shorted armature winding, a damaged transformer, a faulty heating element, etc. As you say, test the element first.

jaskok (original poster)

#6: Post by jaskok (original poster) »

My problem is: I don't have clue what Amp. machine is? Now is heating with 30A but I think this is little too high for 2400W. 220V. Machine. I did some cleaning and I found some dirt inside flowmaster valve.

stefano65
Sponsor

#7: Post by stefano65 »

well in the worst scenario, if you cannot find info from the manufacture web page
look at the heating element
which will be of course the most drawing power and add 165w or so for a full size motor that will adds up to the consumption
Stefano Cremonesi
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repairs & sales from Oregon.

jaskok (original poster)

#8: Post by jaskok (original poster) »

I took electric plug with me (take off machine court) try to match outlet in Home Depot and is matching 125v
20A. on the machine plate is says 220v 2400w 50/60hz

stefano65
Sponsor

#9: Post by stefano65 »

check the control unit then,
it will tell you if is a 115 or 220v
if was a machine made for the US market been a one group we can ASSUME that it is a 115v
it was made for Europe or other country should be 220v
Stefano Cremonesi
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repairs & sales from Oregon.

jaskok (original poster)

#10: Post by jaskok (original poster) »

I just completed cleaning on my SanRemo espresso machine, and have lot of water going through group-head.
I think that I screw up something with jet (orifice) for group head. My question is: Does anybody know where is jet located (I don't have clue, or see it at all). Or is something also. thanks

...merged new thread with original topic by moderator...