How to descale brew boiler of plumbed in La Spaziale Vivadi S1 without taking it apart?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
mbalan

#1: Post by mbalan »

Hi guys,

I read a lot on the internet about how to descale the steam boiler of the machine, but is it an easy way to descale the brew boiler with citric acid, I do not think it is very scaled but I would like to put some citric acid to clean it up even if it was used with some filtered water? Is it possible to descale it without taking it apart?

I need your help because for the mini Vivaldi it seems easy to be done because of the water tank, but the big spaziale is connected directly to water?

Any tips?

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by JohnB. »

Just open it up & clean it out. Some good info here: http://s1cafe.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=872
and here: http://s1cafe.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1501
LMWDP 267

mbalan (original poster)

#3: Post by mbalan (original poster) »

Tks for the infos, I already read those but is there any manner to descale it from light scale without taking it apart? I would like to know if there is a manner to descale it like a regular boiler machine like the Rancilio Silvia where you put descaler in water tank and get it through the boiler and group.

HB
Admin

#4: Post by HB »

Shut off the water supply. Disconnect the water inlet line and put it in a jug of descaler (citric acid solution). Run the pump to fill the brew boiler. Other than switching the inlet line, there's nothing different from the descale instructions for a tank model like the Mini.

Note: A rotary pump doesn't require positive pressure; see Can a rotary pump suck up from a bucket? for discussion.
Dan Kehn

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by JohnB. »

You could do that but you'll have no idea whether you accomplished anything or not. My S1V2 brew boiler had clumps of hard mineral deposits stuck to the sides & it took many hours of soaking to get them out. When you can easily open the boiler for inspection & remove the heating element for descaling why draw a nasty acid solution through the whole system?
LMWDP 267