How long will a Jura Capresso F60 last?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
bryanfowler

#1: Post by bryanfowler »

Hi guys and gals.

I've searched here and didn't find any posts on the F60 at all. I'm just wondering what others have experienced with how long a super automatic like the Jura F60 might last before needing repairs?

I'm looking to upgrade to a semi-automatic, and I want to be able to sell this and inform the new buyer accordingly.

Right now it's 3 yrs old, and has just under 2997 cups made with no problems. (except I have to keep putting beans in it... weird)

well... 2998 now.

Aaron

#2: Post by Aaron »

You won't find too many super auto users here. I have used them sparingly so take this with a grain of salt :) They are made with a bunch of plastic so they don't have an extremely long life span. It wouldn't seem unusual to have problems after a few years of regular use like yours was. Some of the biggest complaints that I've seen about super autos is their lack of build quality and persistent need for repairs. Obviously not every one will be a problem, but they do tend to be more problematic than a more robust semi auto that is more common here. I would just sell it as is and leave it up to the buyer to do their homework :)
“The powers of a man's mind are proportionate to the quantity of coffee he drinks” - James McKintosh

Augsburg57

#3: Post by Augsburg57 »

To give you a feel for how long they last. We have an F7 for daily use for our first lattes of the day. We make two doubles, or "pull" four shots a day, seven days a week. The machine is about five years old. The shot counter indicates 6,929 shots pulled to-date. I recall that one of the Seattle Coffee Gear YouTube videos mentioned that their repair shop typically sees about 9,000 shots in a super automatic before repairs are needed.

bryanfowler (original poster)

#4: Post by bryanfowler (original poster) »

Thanks guys for the replies.

Yeah Aaron, I was kinda thinking that after I wrote it. =) I was hoping for someone like me, moving on to something different and better. (We've decided to go with the Mini Vivaldi)

That's great info Ted. We haven't had any issues with this, so I think I could safely send it on to another user and not feel like it's on it's last leg. Obviously each of these are different, but it gives me something to go by...and something to go, and buy. =)

Abnuceals

#5: Post by Abnuceals »

That's a good move ! You won't regret your buy. Do you know there is a specific community on the web for La Spaziale owners ? http://s1cafe.com/
LMWDP 389

Hillkwaj

#6: Post by Hillkwaj »

I used to use one of the larger Jura supers and a Capresso in an office setting. Over the course of about 9 years, the Jura hit around 90,000 on the shot counter and the Capresso was around 60,000. Each was sent for repair one time during that interval - thats why I had 2 machines - so I had a backup as we were in a remote location overseas where the repair could take 2 months with shipping.

I agree that there's lots of plastic and some I intricate mechanisms, but I had no complaints with the reliability.

Impossible to make any guarantees to your buyer, but I'd tell them that 10s of thousands is reasonable and that sending it for repairs at that point won't break the bank.

bryanfowler (original poster)

#7: Post by bryanfowler (original poster) »

Abnuceals wrote:http://s1cafe.com/
No, I didn't know that. =) Thanks Abnuceals.

90,000 cups!? That's awesome...and amazing. What model was it?

Hillkwaj

#8: Post by Hillkwaj »

Jura Impressa x90 as I recall.