How does Pavoni P/TRE dispersion screw work? - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
zod27

#11: Post by zod27 »

Look, talk to Brandy at Crossroads Espresso they are the former importer of La Pavoni and were actually the importer for most of those machines. I would just talk to them and see if it isn't possibly a pressure fit screen like I had on mine.

benvp (original poster)

#12: Post by benvp (original poster) »

Thank you all for your replies.

I will put the groups back on tomorrow, and will test it out with a smaller screw.

When I bought the machine, it had the parts you see in the pictures below. The Pavoni parts supplier told me they were not original Pavoni parts and should be changed (at first I just wanted to replace the shower screen).

Here are pictures with the old parts and the new Pavoni parts side by side:

New Pavoni shower screen is on the right:

New Pavoni dispersion disk is on the right:

New Pavoni head screw is on the right:

As you see, the biggest difference is the size of the head screws. As I explained in a previous post, with the newer parts, if I screw in the head screw only half-way, water comes out perfectly from the dispersion disk. The Pavoni supplier told me the longer screw is the correct part, and that if water doesn't come out it must be because of a broken solenoid valve. I don't think this makes sense as everything works fine with the smaller screw.

This is how I think the dispersion disk works:

Ira, I also thought that there must be clogged holes in the head. I cleaned it completely, and it looks like there aren't...

Zod27, it looks like there are two possible dispersion systems on this Pavoni. Diagrams for the machine show both E-61 type system (basket-like shower screen) and this one with a screw.

Ogatasan, I think you are right. The head screw really does look like the solenoid/face glass screw. I think the Pavoni supplier got everything mixed up...

I will try it out with the smaller screw tomorrow and will let you know how it goes. Thank you all for your help!!

Advertisement
ira
Team HB

#13: Post by ira »

That is how the water flows, so you'll need a short enough screw to not cover up the cross drilled holes. The reason I wondered about clogged holes is you original pictures did not should the back of the block and I couldn't see those holes.

Ira

CRCasey

#14: Post by CRCasey »

Ummm...

The one shower screen was flat. The other was indented.

Do you know which one you need?

-Cecil
Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as love-CMdT, LMWDP#244

benvp (original poster)

#15: Post by benvp (original poster) »

After having sawed off a few millimetres of the group screw, I am happy to report that the Pavoni works great!

However, it does seem that the shower screen I bought (with the indented center) is not the right one. I think this is clear from the parts shown on page 6 of this PDF from a Romanian parts supplier: http://www.professionall.ro/categorii/p ... 685970.pdf

Thank you all for your help!