Help with Fiorenzato Bricoletta Volante temperature too low

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
ziggmund

#1: Post by ziggmund »

Hello,

I have just bought a secondhand Fiorenzato Bricoletta Volante which seems to need a little attention before it's running smoothly. The problem is that the water temperature coming out of the brew group head is far too low (approx 58C). I know that these machines take a long time to warm up, but even after leaving the machine on for one hour the water temp is still too low. Note the steamer and hot water wand temperatures seem fine, therefore, the boiler seems to be working OK.

I found online that there is a safety thermostat with reset button located on boiler. Which I have tried to push when the machine is on, but doing so gives no discernible click or other indication the thermostat has been reset.

Any ideas on what the problem and solution could be would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help advice you can offer.

Greg

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

ziggmund wrote:The problem is that the water temperature coming out of the brew group head is far too low... Note the steamer and hot water wand temperatures seem fine, therefore, the boiler seems to be working OK.
Sounds like the classic symptoms of scale buildup: Checking an E61 Espresso Machine for Scale.
Dan Kehn