Help me identify these rotary pump fittings

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
hbuchtel

#1: Post by hbuchtel »

I recently bought these two pumps off eBay, apparently they are from Starbucks LMs.

I cannot identify the type of fittings that they came with- they are white plastic and can be pressed in against the pressure of a spring inside. ROMER and 9 is stamped into the surface, but I couldn't find anything on the web based on that name.

The tip is 11mm OD, 6mm ID.

Any help appreciated!

Regards, Henry
LMWDP #53

Bluegrod

#2: Post by Bluegrod »

Although I do not know the maker of these fittings they appear to be a standard type push type fitting of a heavy commercial grade. John Guest and Watts sell similar type fittings but they are made of a special plastic where as the body of yours are obviously made of metal with a plastic insert. If the inside measures 6 mm then they are for a 1/4" inch push type tubing also available through many online retailers. If you are ordering tubing just make sure it is of the push type tubing and not standard tubing which is to soft to be used in these fittings as they have metal teeth that grab the tubing once it is inserted. My recommendation would be for John Guest tubing as I have found it to be extremely durable and very easy to work with and can be had for about 10 cents a foot.

One other thing I would like to say is that I am not questioning your measuring ability but the opening of the fitting looks to be for a larger size of tubing such as a 3/8". Maybe it's just the angle of the camera that is making it look bigger, but I would make sure you measure it again just to be sure.

CRCasey

#3: Post by CRCasey »

+1
Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as love-CMdT, LMWDP#244

hbuchtel (original poster)

#4: Post by hbuchtel (original poster) »

Great, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

I haven't found the manufacturer yet, but it is definitely one of the 'push-to-connect' fittings. I tried it with a standard 6mm OD flexible tube from another espresso machine and it fit snugly, but I haven't tested it for pressure yet.

re: measurements- they are correct, perhaps it is because the motors are unusually small that the fittings look bigger? The motors are only 90 watt- quite a bit smaller than the usual commercial motors.

Regards, Henry
LMWDP #53

Billc

#5: Post by Billc »

Henry,
Check this website for the fittings:

http://www.avs-roemer.de/de/katalog/att ... behoer.pdf

These are fittings mostly used by the super automatic manufactures in Switzerland and close by. These motors and pumps were not from La Marzocco machines. They usually mark the fittings with the tubing they work with. It is stamped 9, then they are for 9mm tubing.

Upi can change these fitting to what ever you like, just remember that the threads on the pump are must likely British Standard Pipe (BSP). You can always force a NPT fitting into the hole but just be careful because it usually scrapes some metal shavings into the pump when you do this.

BillC