Help. Looking for cage nuts for my rebuild

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
movnmik

#1: Post by movnmik »

I know the subject heading is a little provocative but I need to find a variety of cage nuts both square and round and speed nuts. I tried McMaster Carr but they don't have the size I need for the cage nuts or do they carry the round.

Here is what I'm looking for

(10-15) 6mm 1.0 square cage nuts

(2-4) 5mm 1.0 square cage nuts

(10-15) 6mm 1.0 round cage nuts (very difficult to find)

(40) 5mm J shape speed nuts - McMaster has these but the I think they are a bit too long (will use them in a pinch)

dsc

#2: Post by dsc »

Hi,

standard panel building item, these guys carry them:

http://www.alliedelec.com/

just search for caged nut M6, they come in packs of 50 and you can get two types for various panel thickness.

Regards,
dsc.

godlyone

#3: Post by godlyone »

why not just use regular nuts? Hold it from one side while screwing it in? Not as elegant.. but it'll work?

movnmik (original poster)

#4: Post by movnmik (original poster) »

Ilya,

I'm doing that on some parts but it will get more and more difficult to prop up the machine to get access to the underside when the boiler and motor assy. are installed.

Update - ordered some of the 6M square ret. nuts. The round hole retaining nut is still difficult to locate.
I may just have to get the 5M speed nuts from mcmaster carr even though the flange may be a bit too big.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by JohnB. »

Are you sure the 5mm c/n have a 1: pitch? I saw some 5mm by .8 cage nuts listed when Googling. Ace Hardware had the 6mm X1 in 25 ct bags.
LMWDP 267

movnmik (original poster)

#6: Post by movnmik (original poster) »

John,

Yes, as far as I know 5mm doesn't come in a 1 pitch.

I wish the round cage nuts were easier to come buy. Have been searching high and low but no luck. It's not critical that I get them it just makes life a little easier.