Help Getting Information About This Victoria Arduino? - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
soonerspresso (original poster)

#21: Post by soonerspresso (original poster) »

Terry, I would be very careful. I was working off of the assumption that you have an old style of the VA Venus Mini (like mine and, I believe, Scott's), but, the part that Nuova Simonelli is recommending might be for their newer models. Can you tell me:

Does your VA have a 3-way solenoid (this would be indicated by a pipe that runs down into the drip tray)? If so, it might be one of the new Vas which are NOT the correct size.

If, however, it does not have that, it MIGHT be one of the older ones. I was told that the older ones are NOT supported by Nuova Simonelli (maybe they've changed their stance, but, the guy who I talked with back in April 2014 did a bunch of research and said they didn't have anything that matched my machine).

If THIS is the part ( http://www.amazon.com/Nuova-Simonelli-C ... B00E5N1KVG ), AND, if your machine is the same as mine, then that would NOT work.

I'm going to post some photos with as many of the dimensions as I can measure so you can use that, if you find it helpful ...

#22: Post by soonerspresso (original poster) »

As you can see, the spouts for the portafilter are strange and set at a fixed angle (the spouts themselves are NOT removable -- they are welded in place).

I hope that this is helpful ...

Advertisement
tholtrey

#23: Post by tholtrey »

Mine more closely matches the diagram Simonelli posted for theirs than yours does. With limited options, I have ordered the rather expensive and non-returnable portafilter. basket and clip. I have enough Gaggia and La Pavoni spouts already. Another week of waiting and I will have an answer that is getting more expensive all of the time. Fingers crossed because your portafilter looks like I would need to machine it from scratch.

#24: Post by soonerspresso (original poster) »

Glad to hear it, since, I don't envy anyone who has to find a portafilter like mine - I haven't seen one like mine for sale anywhere ... Let us know how it turns out ...

fergussc

#25: Post by fergussc »

Best of luck with the NS parts order. What we really need is to locate someone with a machine beyond repair who is willing to part it out. For example, I'd love to purchase an original boiler dispersion screw like the one pictured above. If anyone can help ... don't hesitate to get in touch.

tholtrey

#26: Post by tholtrey »

Portafilter showed up 5 minutes ago. Not remotely correct despite the assurances of the NS parts guy and am now, unless I hear otherwise from NS, stuck with a worthless (to me) $90 portafilter.

#27: Post by soonerspresso (original poster) »

I know that they said no returns, but, seriously, there has GOT to be some recourse. When one receives assurances from manufacturer that a part is correct for a machine, it is simply absurd that they will not stand behind their own technical advice. This really does not reflect well on Nuova Simonelli ...

Advertisement
tholtrey

#28: Post by tholtrey »

It took 2 weeks but I got a refund on the Portafilter from NS. I have hit every supplier I know of and no luck on the actual portafilter front. I am considering taking the posted pictures and having a machine shop make a bottomless portafilter and counter-sink a bolt at the base. Probably be quickest to cut from a piece of brass tube stock. Any other suggestions?

tholtrey

#29: Post by tholtrey »

I took a filter from another machine, a file and a bench grinder and got busy.

#30: Post by soonerspresso (original poster) »

Holy cr*p!!! Did that actually work?