Help! Expobar Brewtus Pump Intermittently Provides No Pressure

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
justin123

#1: Post by justin123 »

Help!

Ive got an Expobar Brewtus IV rotary and lately it is almost like the pump is stalling and i dont get any pressure. I ran it for 8 months straight into a water jug but about 6 weeks ago I didnt notice that the hose was in the handle and i ran air through it for about 10 seconds. For a few weeks now upgraded and have a flojet with a large accumulator after that event. I cant seem to get pressure with the coffee puck in but usually running a blind filter lets it pop back and it works but this last time it took some doing and I gave up and left it and it is working again.

Is this a symptom of a failing rotary pump? Does anybody know the pump models Expobar brewtus iv use? I looked at it but couldnt see an emblem - is it a fluid o tech?

Beenbag

#2: Post by Beenbag »

You may want to have another go at explaining the problem.
It's not clear what you are asking for ?

Advertisement
justin123 (original poster)

#3: Post by justin123 (original poster) »

Yes, re-reading my post it wasnt clear.

I guess my question is diagnosing a failed rotary vane pump possibly damaged by air service. Next time I will pull the case off but here is what I oberve:
- I pull the brew lever and get the usual humming noise
- the pressure gauge doesnt budge

I'm imagining the pump is completely seized and the motor cannot start the rotor spinning but I'm wondering what experience people have with these symptoms. Is this a common failure experience?