Got new handles for my T1 but can't remove old ones - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
cannonfodder
Team HB

#11: Post by cannonfodder »

cruzmisl wrote:Hey Dave can I get a bezel to match around my brew buttons?
Possibly, never tried. It would have to be jig sawed on the inside, band saw cut on the outside and then a 1/4 round over bit on the router to roll the edges. Actually it get cut, then routed, then inside cut, but the workshop is in storage until the new house is finished in October.
Dave Stephens

shadowfax

#12: Post by shadowfax »

That's an interesting proposition. Have you had the bezel off, Joe? I got the impression that it was more or less integrated into the button panel, and might be a chore beyond serious to separate. Making a wood on/off switch to match the rest might be good, though.

Anyway, if you do get a bezel made, probably a good idea to seal it really, really well. I don't think those buttons like flash boiling water getting in the cracks...
Nicholas Lundgaard

cruzmisl (original poster)

#13: Post by cruzmisl (original poster) »

cannonfodder wrote: but the workshop is in storage until the new house is finished in October.
I can wait :lol: In the meantime I'll try and find out if its possible to separate it from the buttons

cruzmisl (original poster)

#14: Post by cruzmisl (original poster) »

Here is a pic. BEAUTIFUL!

cannonfodder
Team HB

#15: Post by cannonfodder »

That is lacewood, also called leopardwood if anyone is curious. Very unique figuring.
Dave Stephens

mhoy

#16: Post by mhoy »

Very nice lace wood handles, you need a music stand to match. :D (I remember this from one of the Festool forums I occasionally visit because it was so beautiful).

Mark