Good quality "push/plunger" microswitches reference numbers?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Frenchman

#1: Post by Frenchman »

I am ordering an SSR and some DPST switches from a place that stocks something like 350,000 components. And I would like to order a couple of microswitches too. Unfortunately, my first language being French, I can't do good enough search queries online to find references for those. That is probably how I ended up with my very low quality Amico switch that burnt off quickly with a bunch of collateral damage. (I only bought one, not that three piece package.)

My original switch is made by a French company (even though the machine is Italian) and not available here. Can someone help me with 1/ some reference numbers (I am ordering from Online Components, which will take those), or 2/ at least a better way to get some matches on Google for good quality switches. I have some success on eBay (I would just have to replace my connectors for fork ones) but I would like to see a few more options.

The switches I am talking about are like the ones pictured . I don't really need one with three terminals (NC and NO), just one that closes when pushed.

LMWDP #712

DavidMLewis

#2: Post by DavidMLewis »

I would go to http://cherrycorp.com/ and look through the miniature snap-action switches. Then I would order them from Digi-Key. Keep in mind that for loads like bulbs and motors, you can briefly get an inrush current when the contacts first close that is as much as ten times the steady-state current, so it's wise to over-spec that.