Gas powered Espresso machine

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
heyduke

Postby heyduke » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:48 pm

While driving through southern Chiapas, Mexico I stopped in a small cafe outside Almentango. It was called Mi Cafe and was a gem of cafe. It had 3 espresso machine's 2 that worked. They appeared to be very old and I couldn't find a name on them. The 2 that worked was powered by propane gas. :o The 1 that didn't work had a name of Frigojon. The one they used to make my cappuccino worked very well and made excellent drink. The owner grew his own organic coffee and roasted it also. I have photo's which I will post as soon as I have time. I just had never heard of a gas powered espresso machine. Have you.
Coincidence is God's way of Remaining anonymous. A Einstein

lever espresso machine parts, manual grinders
Compass Coffee
Sponsor

Postby Compass Coffee » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:30 pm

There are a number of commercial gas heated espresso machines out there, both lever and electric pump. I believe the main advantage is less electricity requirements, can be very convenient especially for mobile operation.
Mike McGinness, Head Bean (Owner/Roast Master)
http://www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com

heyduke

Postby heyduke » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:02 am

I did not know that> I have learned something new today. Thanks!
Coincidence is God's way of Remaining anonymous. A Einstein

Honu

Postby Honu » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:23 pm

that would be cool :)

would really love one that is a home size one to take camping that could still pull some killer shots

zin1953

Postby zin1953 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:18 pm

heyduke wrote:While driving through southern Chiapas, Mexico I stopped in a small cafe outside Almentango. It I just had never heard of a gas powered espresso machine. Have you.

Click here for a current discussion on Home-Barista . . .

In addition, Rancilio, Pavoni, Astoria and many others build machines which either are, or have the option to be, powered by natural gas and/or propane.
A morning without coffee is sleep. -- Anon.

cannonfodder
Team HB

Postby cannonfodder » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:37 pm

My old Faema two group had a small cutout center bottom of the backsplash. It was for the pilot light on the gas fired version.
Dave Stephens

psalati

Postby psalati » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:38 am

Gas Powered Lever Espresso Machine....Need!
Dear readers,
I'm looking desperately for a Butane/Propane Gas Powered Manual/Lever Espresso machine in the likes of La Cimbali, La San Marco, Conti, Italcrem, Eterna or Faema.
It's for a mobile outdoor camping gathering.
I dont seem to be able to find the gas conversion kit anywhere and even the machines are hard to come by.
Thanks
P.

exceptional coffee stemming from exceptional relationships
zin1953

Postby zin1953 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:53 pm

Your best bet is probably to contact the various vendors of these machines in the States and see if they can order one for you. It's probably not a "standard in-stock" item.
A morning without coffee is sleep. -- Anon.