Gaggia Coffee Deluxe - Fried??

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Espressominion

#1: Post by Espressominion »

Hi Everyone,

First time posting so please be gentle on my complete lack of espresso knowledge.

I came across a Gaggia Coffee Deluxe that someone had and was unable to pump water through the shower screen. I followed some instructions and disconnected the boiler, removed the shower screen and the spring screw that revealed a little clogged hole. I proceeded to floss it with an allen key and put everything back together.

The machine started up and some water started to drip through the coffee outlet, however not enough so I though I would probably need to clean it a bit more thoroughly. Once it was heated up, however, a very small amount of black smoke came out of the machine, which I just put down to lack of use, and released some steam from the wand.

However, I came back to the machine a few hours later and the water will not heat up at all, no steam in the wand. It just looks dead! And I am now wondering if I have put wires in the wrong place or if a fuse has blown or something. Happy to post photos of current connections, just don't know what to do next!!!!

Please help me to fix this great little machine. It is probably my fault for doin the fix whilst drinking a beer and watching the rugby yesterday, but any assistance on this would be appreciated.

K

allon

#2: Post by allon »

Rule #1 of electronics:

Don't Let The Smoke Out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_smoke
LMWDP #331

Espressominion (original poster)

#3: Post by Espressominion (original poster) »

Very good.

Have you any idea how to fix this machine or where I can start?

allon

#4: Post by allon »

More detail than "I followed some instructions" would be a start.
Photos would also be helpful.
Especially photos of what you did, and what is fried.
LMWDP #331