Franke's U.S. La Marzocco GS3 Notice and Shipping Schedule

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Marshall

#1: Post by Marshall »

E-mail sent by Franke today to people on their U.S. GS3 waiting list:
Dear Valued Customer:

We are pleased to announce that the La Marzocco GS/3 has received NSF (sanitation) and NSF to UL Standards (safety) approvals. La Marzocco has started to build the machines ordered for the U.S. in its factory in Florence, Italy. We anticipate receiving approximately 50 of these units by early December 2007.

Due to our long waiting list for the GS/3, however, most of the people on the waiting list will not receive their espresso machine right away. We anticipate being able to ship out all the machines to those on the waiting list in the first half of 2008.

You will be contacted as soon as we reach your number on the waiting list. At that time, we will provide a list of optional services as well as a delivery date if you choose to move forward with a purchase.

We regret any inconvenience the delay may have caused you and hope you find that your GS/3 was well worth the wait.

Sincerely,
Kelly Traw
Vice President of Marketing
Franke Coffee Systems North America
Marshall
Los Angeles

edsel

#2: Post by edsel »

I wonder what they mean by optional services.

I'm sure I'm not in the "first fifty", but it would be nice to know where I am in the list...

Gregg K

#3: Post by Gregg K »

Yay.

I wonder if it matters which distributor. I know there are 13 on the waiting list for a particular company on the west coast.

Are only so many alloted to one distributor?

Panic! Gotta have a GS/3. Etc., etc..

In other words, is there a "best" place to place my order?

PS- Thanks for the info.

jakline

#4: Post by jakline »

Thank you for posting this email. Emily Rodman recently told me I am #47, but I didn't recieve the email! Hopefully I'll get the next one.

John

Marshall (original poster)

#5: Post by Marshall (original poster) replying to jakline »

Since no deposit was required for the waiting list, some people will probably cancel who weren't serious, plus people who bought something else while waiting, plus people who had second thoughts. I expect the "first 50" machines to cover a lot more than the first 50 on the list.
Marshall
Los Angeles

zin1953

#6: Post by zin1953 »

Any further info now that it's December?
A morning without coffee is sleep. -- Anon.

jakline

#7: Post by jakline »

Two days ago, on coffeegeek, Mark Prince had this to say:

https://www.coffeegeek.com/forums/espre ... nes/333760
CoffeeKid wrote:Part of the current reason for the shipping delays / unable to order is that there may be a change in distributors soon for the GS/3.

I'm trying to get some official words on this (have for a few weeks), to post here on CG.

Mark
I'm #47 on the list and still hoping to get a GS/3 this month -- from Franke or otherwise.

John