Fitting Sproline Foam Knife / Vortex Steam Wand Tip to Pasquini Livia 90

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
iafrahilly

#1: Post by iafrahilly »

Hi HB,

Wondering if it is possible to fit the Sproline Foam Knife / Vortex Steam Wand Tips to a Pasquini Livia 90. I assume I will need an adapter as the Spoline's are made for LM machines...but has anyone ever try this?

Relatedly, does anyone have a Livia 90? I am buying this as a gift for a friend with a Livia 90 semi-auto and would like to get it right if I can without involving them in advance. If you know the thread size of the steam wand I would be grateful for the details.

If this is absolutely impossible, does anyone use any after-market steam tips that they like? Goal is better, easier to produce, microfoam.

Thanks for your help,

Ian

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

Ian, I have the Vortex tip. It's no different than any of the other 5 different tips I've bought before, to be completely honest with you. A lot of people have said that the Foam Knife is actually much worse and harder to learn on, but that's also subjective.

Nice gear you've got ordered up, by the way.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

iafrahilly (original poster)

#3: Post by iafrahilly (original poster) »

Thank you Tom. And thank you again, it was your detailed review of the HG One that persuaded me to buy one. Appreciate the response.

Ian

spressomon

#4: Post by spressomon »

The steam wand is M10 (10mm) diameter and fairly certain the pitch is 1.50 (wand is male, tip is female). FWIW I can make nice micro foam with the metal 4-hole tip it came with as long as I don't use too small of a pitcher. Typically the 20oz or larger works better with this tip whereas the smaller pitchers easily get overloaded making it very difficult, at least for me, to get consistent micro foam results.

Chris' Coffee carries tips for Pasquinis.
No Espresso = Depresso