Fiorenzato Fenice Restoration Part 1

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
dparham

#1: Post by dparham »

Well just started a full restoration on a Fiorenzato Fenice Elletronica 2G. A local restaurant liquidation center had an add for this on ebay and I guess because there is basically NO info on this machine here in english or anyplace hardly, no one bid on it.. I picked it up for $400 locally! with its 2 e61 style groups I figured for this money If it was totally destroyed I could get money back out for the groups alone! but come to find out after initial testing IT WORKED! and didnt leak but had some definite problems... ( bad rotary pump, pressurestat, OPV,Boiler Safety Valve just to mention a few! ... Fortunately this is one of those very sweet SIMPLE machines old school with ALL top quality commercial parts! Im happy! lol so.. on inspection I decided to make a full restoration since this machine was totally TOTALLY neglected! this says something for the machine though because with such abuse, it still worked! and didnt leak! had enough scale to seal it up nicely! lol so here it goes!

here I am picking up machine! YEAH!! lol

On inspection! uh oh!

here is where I am currently!

Ill post some more pics as I go! there are all the pics and progress on my site here if anyone would like to see! http://www.palmbeachroasters.com/Palm_B ... tions.html

I loosley posted this in another thread but thought it would be more fun here to add to all our restorations! If anyone else finds one of these, they really have the best parts inside and easy to work on!

Advertisement
doubleOsoul

#2: Post by doubleOsoul »

dparham,
that boiler looks like art. The jeweler in me is impressed with your clean up job.
OO

dparham (original poster)

#3: Post by dparham (original poster) »

Hahaha Thanks! lol I spent some time on it sanding up to 2500 Grit cushion backed sand paper and then with my buffing wheel on cordless hand drill .. its like a shiney new penny! Im debating teak wood sides sealed with a high heat epoxy the natural sanded or paint sides and back over the metallic silver powder coat with a pearl turquoise .. would look awesome I think with the bright copper and stainless and a little brass.. here is a color swatch ...

godlyone

#4: Post by godlyone »

Love that portafilter! Did you make it yourself? If so what kind of wood?

Post some more pics of it!

#5: Post by dparham (original poster) »

They are coming soon ;) ! its a cactus! Im still working out the design! will be complete details soon! a few models!

cannonfodder
Team HB

#6: Post by cannonfodder »

It is called Cholla Cactus. Interesting stuff but not that durable. You would have to turn an insert then glue the Cholla over it especially since it is hollow. You could get some interesting contrast if you used a bright insert to show through the lattice of the wood.
Dave Stephens

#7: Post by dparham (original poster) »

yup thats exactly what Im doing .... it will be used more as a lattice effect :) whats really cool is you can hold the pieces over and over until a specific piece just lays perfect on your hand... it makes a very natural feel: Just falls into place!

Advertisement

#8: Post by dparham (original poster) »

Almost complete! All electrical complete now just a few small parts to polish the plug up and test for leaks!

#9: Post by dparham (original poster) »

had a couple issues prev owner must have ran into but those are repaired ( wiring and a reversed solenoid plunger in incorrect valve) anyway, all is well and all is working! waiting on group gaskets and screens on monday from EP then I will be pulling shots!

Parts needed for restoration:
1. new rotary pump
2. stainless body screws
3. Safety Pressure Valve
4. every seal and gasket
5. new steam wand and all new tips
6. water dispenser diffuser
7. 2 new portafilters and baskets
8. new group gaskets
9. allot of polish and wet sandpaper
10. frame sandblasting and powder coat
11. Pressurestat Siri Rebuild gaskets
12. dual manometer
13. Love and understanding ;)

Just Kidding ;)

#10: Post by dparham (original poster) »

All I can say is WOW! before dialing in the grind or making any last minute adjustments I pulled a shot! and all I can say is OMG! I used a batch I just roasted of Guatemala Esmerelda at a City + roast level... what a tastey treat! it was a fast pull, little pre infusion , needing a little grinder adjustment and using my flat bottom stainless tamper and VST triple basket pulled a 13 sec triple was way to fast but I tried it anyway! it was by NO means a sink shot! it has a sweet cotton candy, honey, hint of nutmeg, encapsulated into a good slightly round lemony ball! Piercing the ball was a long milk chocolate finish! ( BTW, im a synesthete ) lol Made an adjustment to grind tightening it up a little on my Mazzer major and the pull was 19 sec to hints of blonding, and the lemony taste which was excellent even at fast pull had softened and flattened out a bit and brought out the milk chocolate and nutmeg! hmmm VERY PROMISING!