A few general questions about the silvia - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
zin1953

#11: Post by zin1953 »

George, there will always be better machines out there -- and always more research that can be done. And then you end up with "analysis paralysis." At some point, you just find something that is well-made and will suit your needs. That's when you pull the trigger, and you don't look back!

(There is probably always going to be one more test you can run, but at some point you need to make your diagnosis and start treatment.) :wink:

The "handicap" you seem to have appears to be called "Canada." Your selection of readily available "prosumer" machines is more limited than what we have here in the States. Why that is, I am not sure, but -- c'est la vie! Your advantage is that there is simply that much less you need to analyze . . .

Cheers,
Jason
A morning without coffee is sleep. -- Anon.

GewoW (original poster)

#12: Post by GewoW (original poster) »

hey guys, i just went to a local store and was able to find an andreja premium for 1700 (authorized retailer/repair). this comes out to ~ 1900 with taxes. compare this with 1700 for a cellini premium plus, which comes out to 1800 with taxes, but is not local (still authorized retail/repair store though)...what would you suggest?

I think they're pretty equivalent from what I read, but I believe the slight edge is given to the andreja as it also have a brew pressure gauge, insulated boiler, and easy direct plumbing.