Faema Legend bendy drip tray

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
walshman

#1: Post by walshman »

I have a 2012 Faema Legend and what's annoying is when I do a cooling flush the hot water that passes through the drip tray bends the secondary tray (that's underneath the drip tray and connects to the drain) to the point of lifting the drip tray about 10mm higher than where it should be seated (hope that made sense). I've never really noticed it until a couple of days ago so I'm not sure if there should be anything like a clip or something holding the secondary tray in position that I might of lost whilst cleaning. For a 3 grand machine I'm slightly pissed off :x . Has anybody with the same machine got a similar problem and if so how did they remedy it. thanks................dennis

JonR10

#2: Post by JonR10 »

Hi Dennis,
There's no clip missing, but I have the lower tray slipped under the support tabs on the drain side and resting on top of the support tabs on the opposite side so that it leans down towards the drain slightly. So mine might also flex as yours does when it changes temperature, but I don't notice it.

The only complaint I've ever had about this machine has been the drain and drip pan design. It has been functional enough for me with some minor tweaking, but it's surely a weak area of the design.

Even so, I've no complaints since switching to this machine from the GS/3. It's been a pleasure for me to use every single day and I still love both the results and the "curb appeal" it brings to my coffee bar 8)

Cheers,
Jon
Jon Rosenthal
Houston, Texas

cannonfodder
Team HB

#3: Post by cannonfodder »

Thermal expansion. Got to love it. My GS3 drip tray will expand and bow as well when I flush the group but only that first time when the machine is cold. The drip tray will actually make loud pop as the base bows up.
Dave Stephens

Anvan

#4: Post by Anvan »

I don't have my GS/3 drip tray plumbed-out. After dumping it and rinsing, I just leave an inch of clean water in the bottom of the drip tray, so any "hot flushes" have no effect.

Richard

#5: Post by Richard »

cannonfodder wrote:. . . My GS3 drip tray . . ..
Is that one of the later model GS3 machines?
-- Richard

walshman (original poster)

#6: Post by walshman (original poster) »

Getting back to the Faema. It seems like a design fault for want of a better explanation :? I can feel a DIY job coming on over the weekend.

cannonfodder
Team HB

#7: Post by cannonfodder »

Richard wrote:Is that one of the later model GS3 machines?
No, because it was supposed to be A3, no idea why I typed GS3.
Dave Stephens

walshman (original poster)

#8: Post by walshman (original poster) »

cannonfodder wrote:Thermal expansion. Got to love it. My GS3 drip tray will expand and bow as well when I flush the group but only that first time when the machine is cold. The drip tray will actually make loud pop as the base bows up.
And there's me thinking you had an A3 and a GS3 :)