Expobar Rotary Conversion

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
godlyone

#1: Post by godlyone »

So after a very long time of thinking about it and looking on ebay for various pieces, the Brewtus II is now technically a Brewtus IIIr (installed PID a while ago and now rotary pump).

The pump is a procon which is way overkill (rated at 100gph @ 250psi) but was turned down to 9bar without any problems.

Old pump vs. new pump lol

As of now, it is not setup 100%, it is in the "testing phase" and as you can tell, my mom is an extremely patient/forgiving lady lol!

(our kitchen table lol)

Tomorrow it should be reassembled and look much cleaner.

The pump/motor are too big to fit inside of the case, so they will be kept external

CRCasey

#2: Post by CRCasey »

How are you feeding the inlet side on your new pump?

-Cecil
Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as love-CMdT, LMWDP#244

Advertisement
godlyone (original poster)

#3: Post by godlyone (original poster) »

Coming from a 2 stage filter using the john guest quick connections on the input side

and the output side is a stainless steel hose (lowes sells them for dishwashers)

godlyone (original poster)

#4: Post by godlyone (original poster) »

I left the OPV in place as a safety precaution (just raised the limit on it)

I was wondering what this is for:

You see the little valve right before the OPV pointed down?

That used to be routed together w. the OPV return to the water tank, but now I hooked it up to the little spigot on the front and water always comes out of there (slowly but it doesn't stop)

Is that part necessary?

erics
Supporter ★

#5: Post by erics »

Is that part necessary?
It is not necessary for the rotary pump application. It is Expobar's version (I believe) of Ulka's pump priming valve which is fitted to the great majority of all current production vibe pump machines. It is (at least Ulka's version) designed to close at 6 to 8 bar pressure.

You would do yourself a BIG favor by researching the files section of this site:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/brewtus and DUPLICATING, as best possible, the current version of the Brewtus IIIR machine.

And just where is someone supposed to have a peaceful breakfast??? :)
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com