Expobar Office Lever Pressurestat Setting?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
rideold

#1: Post by rideold »

I've had the good luck of being lent a Scace for the weekend and was able to muck with my Expobar Office Lever a good bit. When I started at the normal .8-1 bar of tank pressure I had to flush a looonnnnggg time to get the temp down to pull a shot. After messing with it for a while I settled on the tank being set at about .6 which if I pull a shot without flushing I get a brew temp of about 215 and with a 4-5 sec flush I get 202 or 203. Now, I know Expobars are supposed to run hot and I know pressure gauges are not that accurate but I'm kind of wondering if I've set things a bit low for steaming. I kind of felt like when I was messing with things that either I was going to have good steaming capability and have to use a ton of water because the cooling flushes needed to be 10 - 15 seconds or I was going to sacrifice steaming to get a shorter flush.....Does anybody know if this is just endemic to Expobar or do other HX machines suffer from the same kind of thing? Am I missing something here? Oh, I have the OPV set to 125lbs. Don't remember what that is in bars.

decaf_Ed

#2: Post by decaf_Ed »

My Expobar Office Control required flushing for at least 30 seconds, with the pressure stat at the fairly high factory setting, to get the temp below 200F. I would have been thrilled (at least briefly) to have needed just a 15 second flush, but even that would seem pretty long after a few months. From what I've read, Expobar Office seems to excel in requiring long flushes. Now 4-5 sec. sounds pretty nice.
So how is the steaming? My guess is you don't want a 4-hole or 2-hole tip with the boiler at just 0.6 bar.
-Ed

CST

#3: Post by CST »

My Lever came with a factory preset p-stat setting of .8 bar. The needle never did go into the green zone. I thought the steaming pressurew was fantastic, compared to my Gaggia Classic's bare arm. However, I've upped to .9 after trying various higher settings because I wanted a faster group recovery time. My flushes to get the head down from 210 to 200 are about 8 oz. If I need to go down to 190, it is about 14 oz.

Worldman

#4: Post by Worldman »

I set my Office Control P-stat to 0.9 bar. My machine requires 6.5 oz. cooling flush before pulling shots. I simply programmed the 2nd to last button to pull 6.5 oz. and merely use this water to pre-heat the cup(s).

Len
Len's Espresso Blend