Expobar Brewtus steam boiler stays on sometimes. Repair or glitch?

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Gus

#1: Post by Gus »

Hello,

I tried searching but didn't seem to find what I was looking for so I thought I would ask for some help.

I have a Brewtus 2 and sometimes the steam boiler will stay on causing the safety valve to pop. Any idea what causes this and do you think I need to repair it? It does not happen all of the time but I don't like that it happens at all. Sometimes it just overshoots and hisses, then the boiler shuts off and goes back to normal. One time it went all the way to popping the safety valve, at which time I shut it off. Usually I hear it and when it starts hissing I open the hot water tap to drop the temp and pressure and when the boiler refills it usually resets and starts working normally. Sometimes it does not so I shut the machine off for a few seconds listen for the relay to click and turn it back on and it goes back to working normally.
I like to leave it on in 24/7 so I am worried this is sure to happen while someone is not around to stop it. What might happen if it did?

Does this sound like an issue with the P-stat?

Thanks in advance for any helpful input. I will be calling WLL on Monday.
Gus

Insert catchy phrase of choice here

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

Sure sounds like the pressurestat is sticking. They're easy to replace. Although the pressure release valve prevented an explosion, it would be foolish to rely on it. Turn the machine off and don't use it until it's repaired.
Dan Kehn

Gus (original poster)

#3: Post by Gus (original poster) »

Thanks Dan. Will do.
Gus

Insert catchy phrase of choice here