Expobar Brewtus IV - OK maybe more than Celsius

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
bewiebe

#1: Post by bewiebe »

I needed to unplug my machine and obviously messed things up on the PID because I didn't know what I was doing. I got most of the settings back so now I almost know what I'm doing. PID setting "F.03" selects F or C. No problem. I keep going down the list and get to PID setting "F.04". I set that too. However, I can't seem to 'enter' those values. If I turn off the machine and turn it back on, the PID still shows temperature in degrees F.

Any advice?

bewiebe (original poster)

#2: Post by bewiebe (original poster) »

It seems my Expobar problems go further than simply trying to get the PID display to show Celsius. It seems the brew boiler won't come on at all. I'm sure this is due to me inadvertently changing PID settings.

Here's exactly what I did:
Turn off the machine (both switches)
press and hold both v and ^ buttons on the PID
Turn on the boiler (right hand switch)
press v to get to F.03
press ^ to set to celsius
wait
press v again to get to P.
set to 3.0
wait
press v again to get to I
set to 0.05
wait
press v again to get to d
set to 2.0
wait
press v again to get to F.04

Now I seem to get stuck. I cannot get the PID to go off of F.04. If I turn off the right hand switch and turn if back on, the PID is *not* in celsius mode. When I turn the brew boiler switch back on, the PID shows around 128 to 130 which is probably the degrees farenheit temperature just from the brew boiler water warming up from the steam boiler ambient heat. The small dot on the PID indicating the boiler is on is not lit which of course means the brew boiler is not active.

Any advice on this?

Advertisement
bewiebe (original poster)

#3: Post by bewiebe (original poster) »

After playing around a bit it would seem that the PID is indeed in Celsius mode but that the PID is confused and thinks the water is 128 Celsius so the boiler won't turn on.

I tried to 'reset' the PID but that didn't help.

Any suggestions?