Expobar Brewtus III available in Canada? - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
buzzmccowan

#21: Post by buzzmccowan »

Many U.S. retailers offer free ground shipping within the U.S. and I've often sent things to the UPS Store in Niagara Falls to pick up and bring back in person. A few years ago I had a Vibiemme Super shipped there and brought it through only paying GST and PST (i went through the non commercial side due to time constraints).

This summer my wife was nice enough to pick up a monster Ditting grinder and brokered it herself through the commercial side in Lewiston. It took quite a bit of time but saved us more than $100. If you have a company with a business number and GST number you can call revenue canada and get an import number to bring things in. In November I drove back from Seattle in a rental truck with a Diedrich IR12 and about 1200 lbs of green coffee! I used a broker to help with all of that and I only paid GST on the roaster and $60 brokerage fee.

Can't wait to fire up the Diedrich....hopefully in a month.
Cheers,
Kaelin

Yeti

#22: Post by Yeti »

mixedup wrote:it looks like coffeephilter started out in 2007....our dollar only got stronger (although vs. the euro it was pretty steady). the canadian $ vs the euro now is pretty bad, which could explain the price increases some retailers are showing...was it recently that coffeephilter died? it looks like they may have been the ONLY vibiemme retailer in canada....

from the measurements i've seen it may be too tall to fit (reasonably) underneath our cabinets, so it looks like it's between the quickmill andreja and rocket giotto....
Almost bought a machine from coffeephilter in the fall, said nothing about going under at the time...shortly thereafter "poof" he was gone. Nothing like having "support for the life of your machine" as promised on the now defunct coffeephilter website. Perhaps thats one of the reasons he's no longer in business?

Stick with resellers that have been, and will be around for awhile.

Zcafe carries the Brewtus 3 in Canada if you are still looking - not sure what they are like to deal with though?

mixedup (original poster)

#23: Post by mixedup (original poster) »

i couldn't wait and opted for the andreja premium...which has been great so far. although zcafe's pricing on the brewtus iii looks good...