Expansion Valve Adjust?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
duke-one

#1: Post by duke-one »

Hello All: Just put a new expansion valve (factory official one from EPNW) in my Linea. Now the pressure gets to 15 bar sometimes. Is this item adjustable? To worry or not?
Thanks, Duke Masters

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

It should be adjustable; if it's like the ones I've seen, you turn the barrel body counter-clockwise to reduce pressure. I'd turn it down to 12 bar.
Dan Kehn

twolane

#3: Post by twolane »

Yup, it sure is. A HB said slowly adjust it counter clockwise until it's topping out at 12 bar.
You may have to run a good bit of water through the group to get the machine cold enough to reheat (and expand) enough to see it hit 12 bar.

erics
Supporter ★

#4: Post by erics »

Adjust the pump to produce 12.0 bar on the machine's gauge with a blind filter in place.

Now adjust the expansion valve to drip . . . . drip . . . . drip. Now, adjust the pump to produce 9.0 bar with the blind filter and you are done.

Here's hoping you are feeding the pump with pressure regulated and filtered/treated water at around 2.50 bar.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

duke-one (original poster)

#5: Post by duke-one (original poster) »

Will do. Water is very good here to start with but also with the new machine installed an Everpure QC 71 dual cartridge system, now using ESO7 cartridges, changed yearly. Pressure regulated to the machine @ 50 psi.
Duke