EspressoForge - First Impressions

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Bodka Coffee

#1: Post by Bodka Coffee »

I received my EspressoForge today. Very nice! First of all, it's hefty. You could use it as a club to break ice. :D
The first shot I tried was Kenya Kiangoi at 18 grams. I preheated the tube with hot water from faucet. Heated water in hot water kettle at my parents house. Dad's kettle heats to 200 or 212 and I set it to 200 so really not sure on exact temperature. We filled tube with some hot water and inserted plunger and pushed it down. We didn't have tube filled clear up so had to add water. Plunged and tasted. Very good!

My brother in law from 7th Ave Roastery is visiting and he had some of his Jake's Blend with him. Did a shot of that but must have been too fine. Nearly stalled this pump. :lol: I am very impressed with the sealing power of the 2 orings. With my just a little excessive weight pushing down I didn't notice any pressure getting by. And it comes with 2 extra orings should you blow one out.

My first impressions? It's a keeper. I like how a person is able to tell just how much pressure he is exerting on puck. Sadly, I didn't opt for the gauge. I guess I should order one.

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

Congrats to Andre! I look forward to seeing it on many countertops. Share more pics!
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

samuellaw178
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by samuellaw178 »

Great! Please share your impression and put it through some rigorous tests! :P

Congrats to Andre for successfully bringing his idea into an actual product!

dominico
Team HB

#4: Post by dominico »

I just received my shipping notification today, I must have been the tail end of the pre-orders. Mine should arrive by Tuesday, just in time for me to travel with it Wednesday
https://bit.ly/3N1bhPR
Il caffè è un piacere, se non è buono che piacere è?

dominico
Team HB

#5: Post by dominico »

So how do we classify the EspressoForge: lever machine? There really isn't any sort of lever in the traditional mechanical sense, yet there is a piston
https://bit.ly/3N1bhPR
Il caffè è un piacere, se non è buono che piacere è?

aecletec

#6: Post by aecletec »

Maybe lever isn't a good classification, this is certainly a manual piston design :)

EspressoForge
Sponsor

#7: Post by EspressoForge »

dominico wrote:I just received my shipping notification today, I must have been the tail end of the pre-orders. Mine should arrive by Tuesday, just in time for me to travel with it Wednesday
That's right, your's was the last pre-order. One user picked their's up in person tonight, and most others should be getting theirs tomorrow or early next week.

Thanks for all the congratulations guys. Much appreciated. My biggest challenge going forward looks like it will be refraining from posting all over every Forge thread, will have to adjust to being a vendor. Carry on, and rest assured I'll be in the background interested in everyone's progress and reports.

IMAWriter

#8: Post by IMAWriter »

I must have missed all the scoop on Andre's device.
I'll do a Search.

boulderbrew

#9: Post by boulderbrew »

Received my Forge today as well :D thank you for your hospitality Andre. It was great to see your set up and pull some shots! I will post my impressions soon.

kenuko

#10: Post by kenuko »

And yes we need pics. Lots of pics. I'm so waiting to hear more user experiences and get to see the first user pics.
- but first coffee.

LMWDP #524