Espresso travel demitasse? - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
ira
Team HB

#11: Post by ira »

I was at BB&B today and one of the Breville machines comes with a pair of nice insulated stainless steel espresso cups. Sadly the Breville employee standing by the machine said that cup was not available separately, though a call to the parts dept might get a different answer if you're willing to try. She did indicate that was a common enough request she was going to recommend they package them up as a product.

Ira

naked_barista

#12: Post by naked_barista »

Another alternative, if you decide to go the stainless steel route, might be one of
these from Ikea. If that link doesn't work, it's item number TRIVSEL

Larry
larry at laurelnet dot com

Grant

#13: Post by Grant »

Yes....it does strike me as crazy.

The only solution I could offer comes from something I tried once - to bring an espresso over to a neighbor to try, and it actually didn't work out to bad.....

I pulled an espresso into a couple of my Bodum insulated espresso cups....

I tightly stretched/sealed some Saran wrap around the cup lip which sealed it up very nicely.

Brought it a few doors down (elapsed time was probably 2 minutes), peeled off the Saran wrap, and gulp...not too bad...and still very hot.

Not 100% waste elimination...but close.

Grant
Grant

Psyd

#14: Post by Psyd »

arced wrote:
Back to the 'travel demitasse'... I am environmentally conscious (in that I think about the environment and want to minimize my impact), but I'm actually not sure whether a stainless steel demitasse would meaningfully lessen my impact on the environment. It's hard to figure out what's worse, a bunch of used paper cups or the energy required to mine and produce a stainless steel cup...
Get thee to the nearest restaurant supply store. Get a twelve or twenty four serving box of their thickest ceramic demi's. Use one till it disintegrates, get a new one out of the box, continue ad infinitum.
And its' a lectern, The podium is the thing you're standing on. [Latin, from Greek podion, base, diminutive of pous, pod-, foot; see ped-] ; >
Espresso Sniper
One Shot, One Kill

LMWDP #175

Vanessa

#15: Post by Vanessa »

Illy just came out with a travel cup for espresso called the city cup. It might fit your requirements:

http://www.illyusa.com/AB1666000/showpr ... L=5AUBVCJ7

ccfore

#16: Post by ccfore »

Vanessa wrote:Illy just came out with a travel cup for espresso called the city cup. It might fit your requirements:
There you go, this looks perfect!
Todd / LMWDP #109

espressoed

#17: Post by espressoed »

Nissan/Thermos at one time actually sold a travel "espresso mug" that was a 4oz. stainless steel dual-walled mug with a lid. It was discontinued about a year ago. Now and then they show up on eBay.
All the coffee in Ethiopia won't make me a morning person.

timothyslong

#18: Post by timothyslong »

Arced, did you ever find what you were looking for? I have just started the same search as I like to pour my shots and then drink on the way to work. The product from Illy is no longer listed, I wonder if you found something else.

Thanks

lsjms

#19: Post by lsjms »

From Orphan Espresso - Silicone cups
LMWDP #277

CRCasey

#20: Post by CRCasey »

I just wish I had that many cups to make that picture.

-C
Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as love-CMdT, LMWDP#244