EspressoForge - Manual Espresso Press Project - Page 14

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
pafcio0

#131: Post by pafcio0 »

Pumpresso ;)

sweaner

#132: Post by sweaner replying to pafcio0 »

Or TirePumPRESSO!
Scott
LMWDP #248

EspressoForge (original poster)
Sponsor

#133: Post by EspressoForge (original poster) »

Haha, but there's no pump, and it's not pneumatically driven. :oops:

lbdina

#134: Post by lbdina »

EspressoStick, EspresStik, Man-Spresso

Sponsor

#135: Post by EspressoForge (original poster) replying to lbdina »

I like! Mostly the EspressoStick since it seems more simple and easy to read.

Another idea: the Un-Lever (sorry just can't get off the not-a-lever idea)!

Today I took the silicone tubing I had and split it lengthwise and wrapped paracord over it. Just to get an idea of how well it insulates heat. Seems like it will be very good if I could find tubing in the correct size (right now it's just too small to slip over the pipe without some kind of crazy jig, even once it's heated with boiling water).

Another member PMed me and reminded me about some kind of foam tubing. I have some of that on order as well, I think it's a foam rubber mix that supposedly is for heat insulating pipes. As long as it allows for a good grip to lock in the basket, and insulates heat well it should be a winner. If not, I'll try to get silicone around the pipe in some way.

lbdina

#136: Post by lbdina »

EspressoWand? EspressoPump? ShotMaker? SuperShot Manual Espresso Maker?

Personally, I'd want the name, (whatever it ends up being), to communicate that the device is specifically for Espresso, and that it is fully manual. Having "espresso" in the name should help when doing internet searches, etc. Since your device is long and slender, the name stick came to mind. "Wand" may have a bit more panache or mystique than the word Stick.

Paolo

#137: Post by Paolo »

How about "ShotRod"?

Sponsor

#138: Post by EspressoForge (original poster) »

lbdina wrote:EspressoWand? EspressoPump? ShotMaker? SuperShot Manual Espresso Maker?

Personally, I'd want the name, (whatever it ends up being), to communicate that the device is specifically for Espresso, and that it is fully manual. Having "espresso" in the name should help when doing internet searches, etc. Since your device is long and slender, the name stick came to mind. "Wand" may have a bit more panache or mystique than the word Stick.
In the "long" name, I'd probably tack on Manual Espresso Press...unless one or more of those is in the "short" name so to speak.

I do like EspressoWand, as you say seems a bit more magical than "stick"
Paolo wrote:How about "ShotRod"?
I like this too...I'll have to Google all these names and see what sticks so to speak (nothing else similar like the name that would make it confusing is my main requirement). Once I finalize something I'll let you guys know!

I made 4 shots today...I seem to be going over my normal 1-2 espressos a day fairly regularly! Routine and heat-up definitely improved with the blind basket, and machine is running quite well. Silicone o-rings seem to not work out so well, I believe the Durometer rating is to blame here, if I can find silicone in a harder rating, I'll try that out. Right now I have some other rings coming in different materials (Nitrile and AFLAS), so we'll see what works the best.

crazy4espresso

#139: Post by crazy4espresso »

Paolo wrote:How about "ShotRod"?
Kinda digging that one.

Ramshot (or quirky 80's style alternative: Ramshot 5000)

Depresspresso (tongue twister)
"I would rather suffer with coffee than be senseless." — Napoleon Bonaparte
LMWDP #427

ira
Team HB

#140: Post by ira »

Staying in line with old machine names, I keep coming up with Maribel. Since the current target audience is probably this board, it likely doesn't matter what you call it at first.

Commonly when you want to slip tubing over a shaft, you use lubricant, air or both. Use a water based lubricant that is not harmful to the metal and it will dry in a bit and the tubing will likely never move. Or plug the shaft and put an air nozzle with a plate to seal against the end of the tube and it will likely go right one once you get the hang of it.Get enough air going through there and the tubing slides on a film of air.

Ira