Eric's E61 Thermometer Adapter Battery and Accuracy - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
GC7

#11: Post by GC7 »

Randy -

You always seem to be helping me be it this or my HotTop.

Eight hrs. later the thermometer is doing the same thing - On and OK in the off position and flickering and fading in the on position. I'm leaving it as is till my new batteries come in and I'm leaving it on all the time from now on. I can afford a new battery each year at ebay prices.

This started a couple of days after changing batteries as the first one died. My guess is the ones supplied with the probe are pretty out of date and don't last very long. The new ones hopefully will fix this and if not a call to Chris' Coffee will be tried as this is a relatively new thermometer.

erics
Supporter ★

#12: Post by erics »

Geoffrey -

The thermometer simply SHOULD NOT be doing what it is doing. Send your mailing address to me at erics@erols.com. I assume the thermometer is within the warranty period.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

GC7

#13: Post by GC7 »

Well - a full day later and my thermometer is working with a nice clear display while the switch is in the OFF position :?:

I think this brand of digital thermometer is too fragile for this use. Leaving it on all the time seems to be the best solution IMHO. That or find a model with a sturdy switch.

Also to be clear - I think this adaptor just might be the single best invention for home HX machines that has yet been devised. It makes temperature control a quantitative science rather then a less precise art of the water dance.