Elektra T1 leaking after boiler temperature adjustment

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
mfogliet

#1: Post by mfogliet »

A few days ago I lowered the boiler temperature (-4°)on my 2011 T1. The next morning and every morning since there has been a small puddle on the counter a bit to the left of the machine.

I will remove the case to check where the leak is coming from but what I am curious about is if there is a connection to the adjustment I made?

smite

#2: Post by smite »

I had a similar leak on my new also 2011 T1 after only about 1 year of use just recently. It turned out to only be the boiler plug gasket at the top of the boiler, as I was able to identify that as the source of the drip. After replacing it so far it has not leaked.

In my case I had not adjusted the temp at all it just started all on its own. You lowering the temp might just be a coincidence.

If this is your issue the hardest thing was finding the right size hex wrench and getting the boiler plug out carefully.

Either way the best thing you can do is make sure the machine is off, unplugged and try to isolate the source of the leak with the top cover off and a flashlight.

Look for the any signs of dripping or dribbling from any of the fittings.

Here is a picture of the boiler and the plug where mine leaked.