Elektra T1 dosing buttons quit working.

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
cruzmisl

#1: Post by cruzmisl »

HI All,
Last week my T1 lost its dosing memory. I tried to reprogram it and when I did all the dosing buttons stopped working, except for the continuous "K" button. I took the flowmeter apart and it's clean and in great shape and the connections seem to be good as well. There is a green LED on the flowmeter which doesn't illuminate but I'm sure it did before.

Anyone have any ideas if it is in fact the flowmeter that needs to be replaced? When I depress the dosing buttons I can hear a tiny relay click which leads me to believe it's still functional and the flowmeter is faulty.

Thanks for any help.
Joe

1st-line
Sponsor

#2: Post by 1st-line »

It can be the flowmeter or the touchpad on the front.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

Advertisement
kize

#3: Post by kize »

Most flow meters that have leds will illuminate when flow meter is active/ functioning. My concern would be- why my dosing program lost its memory- unless your dosing functions are on a circuit in which it relies on the working function of the flow meter. Im not familiar with the T1 electronics but someone here on the board should pipe up. I would be looking for a wiring diagram if I owned one. And work from there.

cruzmisl (original poster)

#4: Post by cruzmisl (original poster) »

Thanks. I should also mention the led on the flowmeter doesn't illuminate even when depressing the "k" button (which is a manual button).

jpboyt

#5: Post by jpboyt »

Elementary my dear Watson. Scenario. Flow meter dies. Clue. No led. Led should be lit when the machine is on. Clue two. No blinking led when water is flowing. Sorry no more clues. As you missed the first two clues you now headed down an erroneous path. Computer memorizes pulses from the flowmeter to determine shot volume. Since the flow meter is not working, and you decided that the computer needed re-programming, the computer dutifully did what it is supposed to do. Memorize pulse count from the time you initiate a shot until you stop the shot. Since there are no pulses to count, the computer memorizes a "0" as the count. So from then on when you try to pull a shot you get just what you programmed, a shot with Zero flow. I get boxes that are often programmed with Zero shot times. Grasshopper, or Watson rather says "OH" and Sherlock responds, "No, Zero..." Or maybe I don't know what I am talking about... Led info is from memory which becomes more suspect each time I try to use it.
Cheers,
jpboyt

#6: Post by cruzmisl (original poster) »

Well I replaced the flow meter and unfortunately the same results. Anyone have any other opinions? Light on the flow meter is illuminated but it's illuminated constantly not just during the dose. Not sure if that's normal or not.

Maybe I need to reprogram it. Does anyone have a tutorial on how to do it? I have no idea and can't find my manual.

Mouldy

#7: Post by Mouldy »

Hi there,

Not sure if you still need the instructions for re-programming, but hopefully the pic attached will help with that.
Cheers

Advertisement

#8: Post by cruzmisl (original poster) »

That does help! Thankyou. At least I know I'm programming it properly.

It appears to program properly but once the programming key is turned off all I get is a tiny relay click but no flow. Any other opinions?

maxwerks

#9: Post by maxwerks »

Mouldy wrote:Hi there,

Not sure if you still need the instructions for re-programming, but hopefully the pic attached will help with that.
Cheers
Do you think that the same steps apply for the pre 2000 models .. does anyone know please ?

xtal

#10: Post by xtal »

On my '99 it's the same, except to enable programming you have to turn the key and then hit the "K" button. At that point the 3 LED's above the single cup keys will light up and you proceed as instructed.

Good luck getting this sorted!