Elektra T1 Deliziosa - Replacing Buffer Battery

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
thl104

#1: Post by thl104 »

Hi, does anyone have a manual or know where to replace the buffer battery on Elektra T1 Deliziosa machine. The machine control unit LED lights are blinking which usually means that the battery needs to be replaced or the control unit is going bad. I want to start by replacing the battery first but I can find a manual with a diagram of where the battery is located, any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

cannonfodder
Team HB

#2: Post by cannonfodder »

Is there a battery in there? I dont believe I have seen a machine with a buffer or backup battery in it. Programmable machines flash the programming (button timing) into ROM not RAM so when the machine is powered off or unplugged it does not lose the programming.
Dave Stephens

allon

#3: Post by allon »

cannonfodder wrote:Programmable machines flash the programming (button timing) into ROM not RAM so when the machine is powered off or unplugged it does not lose the programming.
I think you mean FLASH memory.

A simple primer; may seem basic to some of you, but here goes...

Mask ROM (Read Only Memory) is a read-only memory, which is part of the microchip design, it cannot be changed. Usually used for storing programs for single-purpose processors.
RAM (Random Access Memory) holds data when the device is powered, loses data when the device is turned off. Used for storing data in use by a running program.
SRAM (Static RAM) holds data when the SRAM part is powered, which may be when the whole device is powered on, or from a backup battery. SRAM can keep data with very little draw on a battery when not being accessed. This is the memory often used to hold parameters in some computing devices, but if the backup battery is removed while the device is not powered, it will lose the data. SRAM typically doesn't wear out, but the hold-up battery will need to be replaced when it is depleted.
FLASH memory. This kind of memory can be read and stores its values even when powered off. Some microchips store their programs using flash memory, and also allow for storage of parameters in another area of flash memory. The separation allows the program to be protected against read-back while allowing parameters to be read. There are a number of different underlying technologies collectively referred to as "flash". Flash memory has a limited lifespan typically measured in write-cycles - you can read as often as you like, but each programming operation causes a little wear. Eventually the part may not store data reliably.
LMWDP #331

thl104 (original poster)

#4: Post by thl104 (original poster) »

hi, thanks for the responses. this model has a tiny battery that needs to be replaced. i have the battery but no diagram of where the battery is located. so i need advice where to locate the battery in this espresso machine.