Elektra T1 - #771 built in 2000 is now mine - Page 18

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
ccfore

#171: Post by ccfore »

cannonfodder wrote:Now you need some fancy wood controls and portafilter handle. :wink:
Hint..hint...What would be the fee for such an act of beautification? mhoy, if you wanted to match your existing knobs, this isn't too bad a price if it would work. http://www.1st-line.net/cgi-bin/categor ... type=store
Todd / LMWDP #109

mhoy (original poster)

#172: Post by mhoy (original poster) »

Before I purchased plastic handles, I'd give turning a set a shot as Dave's sure look nice. However I'm missing the original portafilters with the Eagle on them so I'd have to get this too. :lol:
http://www.1st-line.net/cgi-bin/categor ... type=store

Mark

ccfore

#173: Post by ccfore »

Well, whats a missing eagle or two amongst fellow Elektra owners? I noticed in a picture of your rebuild that you have the Elektra symbol on top of the grouphead but alas, mine does not. Whats up with that? Mine is only 1 year older. :?
Todd / LMWDP #109

cannonfodder
Team HB

#174: Post by cannonfodder »

I think Elektra makes some beautiful machines with super fit and finish, but they have some of the roughest portafilters out there. They look like they cast them, bang off some of the big bits and then chrome plate them, jagged edges and all. I actually filed down some of the casting seams on both of my portafilters. If you did not, you may end up cutting your hand on them. It was somewhat ironic with all the attention they put on the machine that the portafilters would look like they were cast in a high school shop class.
Dave Stephens

cannonfodder
Team HB

#175: Post by cannonfodder »

Just looked at 1st-line's Bakelite page. It lists the retail for the handle at 18.65 with a your price of $23.67? :?
Dave Stephens

mhoy (original poster)

#176: Post by mhoy (original poster) »

Since I've emailed this list out a couple of times, I guess I should add it here on this thread so others can see the parts and cost of an entire rebuild. I ordered a bit more than I needed, but hey, if you replace the Grouphead gasket every year you won't have to use an ice pick to get it out. I now have enough Dow 111 to last a lifetime and that's if I take up Espresso repair and live to 100! :D

I got all these items from Stefano's Espresso Care who was very helpful in my restoration along with plenty of help from numerous guys on this forum. Super fast shipments too.

Qty: 2, Item: 01314035: Red Neon Light 110v, Total: $15.90
Qty: 1, Item: 01313035: Green Neon Light 110v, Total: $7.95
Qty: 1, Item: 1314-H: Safety valve certified, Total: $22.50
Qty: 1, Item: 01228035: 2-Grouphead O-Ring EK, Total: $4.95
Qty: 1, Item: 00111035: 5-Jet filter screen EK, Total: $11.50
Qty: 1, Item: 01208035: 12- Shower screen EK, Total: $7.95
Qty: 2, Item: 01917035: 14- Grouphead gasket, Total: $17.90
Qty: 1, Item: 01204035: 16- Bell O-Ring, Total: $7.50
Qty: 1, Item: 02200034: Steam Valve Kit, Total: $24.75
Qty: 1, Item: MA2144897: Dow Corning 111 - 150g, Total: $14.95
Qty: 1, Item: 01262014: Drain Box Plastic, Total: $15.00
Qty: 1, Item: 01340035: Filter screen water entry, Total: $3.55
Qty: 1, Item: 00386035: Programming Keys, Total: $8.90
Qty: 1, Item: 1186723: GroupHead Gasket E61 8,5mm, Total: $6.00
Qty: 4, Item: 1186619: Copper Gasket 1/4, Total: $4.40
Qty: 2, Item: 1186620: Copper Gasket 3/8, Total: $2.50

Comments: part number 03329035
Thermostat 135C screw type bar Line
cost $ 19.45

Could I also get the plastic shielding on leads that connect to the lights?

A Teflon gasket for heater flange.

I need a white O ring for the flow meter on my Elektra (seems to be a
stainless steel unit).
=======
He corrected my original order in which I had mistakenly selected 220v neon lamps, I think I got the new part numbers correct in this list.

Keys for programming on the programmable keypad units (T1, etc.), Stefano notes that the key has changed over the years, so you should note the year. (I've used the key once to program the auto-doser).

I later added a rebuild kit for the steam wand.

I had problems with my copper gaskets not being quite right and eventually just re-annealed them and reused them.
=-=-
I've also got a set of wooden handles in my future once I figure out what kind of wood to request from Dave.

=-=-=-
Mark

harleykids

#177: Post by harleykids »

Are you selling your Anita? Please email me!

thanks
Jason

harleykids@aol.com

mhoy (original poster)

#178: Post by mhoy (original poster) »

Sold Anita a year ago.... a nice machine.

Mark

harleykids

#179: Post by harleykids »

Thanks Mark for not flaming me....I should have looked at the date of our original post first!

I assume you like your Elektra T1 better than the Anita?

Any faults that you found with the Anita? I am considering one soon, so I would like to hear from those who have actually owned, used one.

I plan on making espresso for myself, milk drinks for the wife and for occasional guests.

thanks
Jason

mhoy (original poster)

#180: Post by mhoy (original poster) »

Anita is a fine machine and many on this forum have one and have commented on it (as I did when I got mine). The search function will help you out a great deal with this. I must say, it will make a heck of a nice machine for you. Not much I dis-liked about Anita. However, remember, 1 coffee, 2 grinder, 3 machine. :D
So check out the grinder forum for a while too. :-0 Enjoy the journey and hang out on this forum. There is plenty to learn. Be patient and don't worry too much about the learning curve. A naked portafilter could help you out once you get your system.

Yeah, an Elektra T1 is even nicer, plumbed in, drain and a rotary is what I'd think of as the next step above an Anita. The T1's 6 liter boiler makes short work of steaming milk. As a learning process, starting with Anita will make it easier for you as it will give you more time to steam your milk.

Mark