Elektra Semiautomatica can't fill up with water

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
rwadehunt

#1: Post by rwadehunt »

I bought a elektra semiautomatica sxc display model and cant get water to fill boiler any suggestions tried resetting but still cant fill tank

howard seth

#2: Post by howard seth »

Is this the first time you used it? If so - can you return the machine? call the seller.

I have at times have had a similar experience with my Elektra Semi (Bought 2006 - also a demo) sometimes pushing the water pump button - won't fill for a while - and eventually it begins to fill if I keep pushing the button - maybe a bit of scale blocking, I wonder? not sure what you should do - gently shake the machine, tap it? descale? I assume you are hearing the pump working - but the water not rising.

Wait and see who has a better idea about this?

Howard
Howie

another_jim
Team HB

#3: Post by another_jim »

If the pump is running, try running water through the group (turn on the brew switch). If that isn't working either, you have a kink in the intake. If that is working, the boiler solenoid is stuck. Not really sure what to do short of replacing it.

If the pump isn't running, there's probably an electrical problem, and you'll have to trace it out.
Jim Schulman

HB
Admin

#4: Post by HB »

rwadehunt wrote:...cant get water to fill boiler any suggestions
Note the boiler heating element needs to be immersed in water. It can handle a minute or so exposure to air while the boiler fills. If the boiler doesn't start to fill immediately, turn the machine off for 5 minutes to let the heating element cool (the boiler does have a safety over temperature switch that should save the heating element, but why risk it?).
Dan Kehn

rwadehunt (original poster)

#5: Post by rwadehunt (original poster) »

Thanks for help after tapping on pipes started up

cannonfodder
Team HB

#6: Post by cannonfodder »

Sounds like an air lock. Tapping on the tubing dislodged the bubble.
Dave Stephens