Elektra Nivola - always add fresh water?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
steffmoes

#1: Post by steffmoes »

Hi there

I am just starting to get my Elektra Nivola going after I got it back from repairs. It is brand new but unfortunately it had some kind of failure from the factory. Now it's working perfectly.

I am just wondering whether or not you are supposed to add fresh water every time you want to brew a shot? In the manual it says you have to fill the water tank up to two centimentres from the rim which means you have plenty of water for many shots - actually for several days. What do you do about that? Can I used the day or 2 day old water or should I empty it completely every time (which is quite a difficult thing to do) ?

All the best
Steffen

CRCasey

#2: Post by CRCasey »

Steffen,

Use the tank for a week or until close to empty, let it get down before you fill it. Once in a while pull the whole tank and give it a good scrub down. Simple and clean is the word.

-C
Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as love-CMdT, LMWDP#244

HB
Admin

#3: Post by HB »

steffmoes wrote:Can I used the day or 2 day old water or should I empty it completely every time (which is quite a difficult thing to do) ?
I recommend sampling the water and deciding for yourself. Some reservoirs impart an unpleasant plastic-y taste in 24 hours, others are just fine for a few days. If the water tastes funky au naturel, I certainly don't want to drink it as espresso.
Dan Kehn

steffmoes (original poster)

#4: Post by steffmoes (original poster) »

Great. Thanks for the answers.

Steffen