Elektra MAXI 2 grp. repair

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
skydragondave

#1: Post by skydragondave »

Hi all,
For your interest, I have a very nice Elektra MAXI in my shop getting sorted out. Apparently it used to belong to a Barista training academy in Toronto, and now belongs to one of the biggest local roasters in town. Not a complete top-down refurbishment but close, they want it totally gone-over in preparation for a new cafe being opened. Not a bad machine when they got it, it had a leaking grouphead, some moderate scale in the boiler, an odd power cord arrangement now sorted out thanks to this forum, a damaged dual mano gauge, and a lot of coffee oil buildup in the groups. I set out on it early last week and it's in its final stages now.

:lol:

Final assembly and testing are next. Hope you enjoy the pictures. Cheers
LMWDP #433

cannonfodder
Team HB

#2: Post by cannonfodder »

Is that black paint or did you set that table on fire a couple of times?

Elektra makes a good machine, love my box.
Dave Stephens

Advertisement
skydragondave (original poster)

#3: Post by skydragondave (original poster) »

Hey Dave,
Thankfully there have been no mishaps down here as yet, I'm planning to at least get the house paid for before burning it down or ripping one of my arms off at the buffing wheel. So far, so good.
Everything has gone like clockwork. Just a couple routine leaks to tighten up and it's responded favourably to adjustments. As much as I appreciate the design continuity of the old skewed gauge's polished aluminum dial, the new aftermarket gauge is so much easier to read at-a-glance I doubt it will be a hard sell. So another 24 hours in observation and barring catastrophe, it will be ready to check out and head back home.

LMWDP #433