Elektra A3 boiler fill time

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
flyingtony

#1: Post by flyingtony »

Hello,

I've had my Elektra for almost 3 years now, and it seems the boiler is taking a long time to fill and the flow out of the brew head is also slower. I've searched the supplied Elektra manual and the boards and didn't see anything about a measured flow rate from the brew head without the dispersion block. Does anyone know what number this may be? ml/min or something?

I've had the machine serviced by the dealer once a year since i bought it, and they've noted that there was minimal scale build-up.

Thanks,
Mike

allon

#2: Post by allon »

Is there maybe a kink in the supply line?
Is there a shutoff valve that might be partially closed?
LMWDP #331

HB
Admin

#3: Post by HB »

Or the water filter is clogged.
Dan Kehn

flyingtony (original poster)

#4: Post by flyingtony (original poster) »

Thanks for the quick responses. I've looked through the supply line, and the flow is great before it gets to the machine, I replaced the filter on Tuesday (three days ago).

Incidentally, I drew ~300 ml from the hot water spigot and while i didn't time it, it took well over a minute to refill the boiler.

Anyone have any advice on taking the fill line off from the pump to the boiler to check for scale?

JimH

#5: Post by JimH »

According to the parts diagram you have a screen water filter between the water inlet manifold and the autofill solenoid. That's where I would look first.

flyingtony (original poster)

#6: Post by flyingtony (original poster) »

JimH, I think you nailed it, there is a small 8.5x2 mm inox filter that is caked with a red coloured deposit. I'll clean and descale the solenoid and other parts there, any idea where i can find a replacement filter? my local guy doesn't stock it.

DJF

#7: Post by DJF »

Last I looked Stefano had them. There is also (usually) another filter at the main water inlet.
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I don't think so."

JimH

#8: Post by JimH »

DJF is correct, there is also a filter listed for the water inlet, a 12x2 inox, that is the one Stefano has listed for sale. You might want to give him a call to see if he has the 8.5x2 as well. I'd just buy both if possible, they're a minor expense. I would also take a peek into the boiler to see how much had gotten past the filter, you may have some sludge on the bottom.

puffinjk

#9: Post by puffinjk »

There is one on top of the group also, under the mushroom nut. JK

cannonfodder
Team HB

#10: Post by cannonfodder »

Sounds like one of the filter screens is plugging up. Has you input pressure changed at all? Rotary pumps are very sensitive to the water input pressure unless you have a balanced bypass pump and I do not think the A3 has one.
Dave Stephens