Electrolux Espresso Machines

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
pannyd
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:43 am

Postby pannyd » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:13 am

Electrolux are producing an Espresso machine in the US$250-300 price range.

The odd thing is that seems like it is only being sold in Asia (Japan, China & Thailand).

A search on google brings up loads of matches for Japanese / Taiwanese sites but not a single hit for an English site.

Does anyone know anything about these machines?

They actually look quite tidy (do a google image search for "Electrolux EES200")

Being that I'm living / working in China , its almost impossible to get my hands on a reasonably priced Italian or US machine so I am considering this machine.

any ideas welcomed.


Cheers

Pannyd

yiqin
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:51 pm

Postby yiqin » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:26 am

How about Rancilio Silvia? It's easy to find in China and the price is quite fair, around 4800RMB. Try search taobao.com or ebay.com.cn you will find some dealers.

-Yiqin

User avatar
another_jim
Team HB
Posts: 9287
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 1:16 am
Real Name: Jim Schulman
Location: Chicago
Interests: coffee, food, wine, skiing, classical music

Postby another_jim » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:42 pm

pannyd wrote:Electrolux are producing an Espresso machine in the US$250-300 price range.


It looks an awful lot like a rebadged Krups

pannyd
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:43 am

Postby pannyd » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:49 am

yiqin wrote:How about Rancilio Silvia? It's easy to find in China and the price is quite fair, around 4800RMB. Try search taobao.com or ebay.com.cn you will find some dealers.

-Yiqin


thanks yiqin


it sounds like you are in China .........can I ask where do you buy your coffee?


I live in Wuhan and it seems to be almost impossible to buy freshly roasted beans here.

I think Illy might be my only option.

yiqin
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:51 pm

Postby yiqin » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:39 am

pannyd wrote:thanks yiqin


it sounds like you are in China .........can I ask where do you buy your coffee?



Hi, pannyd I am from Beijing.

There's a roaster here in Beijing called Arabicaroaster can deliver fresh roasted beans(usually the same day).

-Yiqin